Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in weather…tire pressure.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a tyrepressure/temperature calculator for dry gascompound in tyre (fi Nitrogen filling) and Wet (normal air), in that last I am first, I think.
In this RV map
So play with it, also part 5, and see that the influence of water in tire is often exagerated by the Nitrogen-lobby.

So if you go from dry calculation, you are not doing bad. Made a list for that, in wich you search back your cold filled pressure at 70 degrF, ( but if you go from 60 degr F, it wont give dramatic differences), and gives howmany degrF the temp changes per 1 psi.
Then you can even calculate by head when driving, acurate enaugh the temperature in tyre, by the pressure change tmps gives.

Then some tmps calculate back to a reference temperature in the receving unit, mostly 68 degr F., before giving it on the display.
I thougt Tesla too, but could depend on the setting.

Then your question.
To my conclusions (opinion), you can let the cold pressure flow with ambiënt temperature, for safety of tires, so never blead down the higher cold measured pressure on a hot day of 100 degr F. cooling down if tire material is worse then, because of the smaller temperature differences between tire-material and in and outside tire air, but the lesser deflection the higher tirepressure gives, gives lesser heatproduction, wich compensates the lesser cooling down.
So never blead down, not warm, not cold pressure.

At low ambiënt temperature the other way around, but then pressure is allowed to highen up for energy saving and roadhandling.
Here the list, you only have to remember your filled cold pressure.
Also have a list for bar and degr C.

20 psi/ 15,5F/psi
21 psi/ 15F/psi
22 psi/ 14,5F/psi
23 psi/ 14 F/psi
24 psi/ 13,5F/psi
25 psi/ 13,5F/psi
26 psi/ 13 F/psi
27 psi/ 12,5 F/psi
28 psi/ 12,5 F/psi
29 psi/ 12 F/psi
30 psi/ 12 F/psi