Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change on screen car image

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be putting the 19" Grey TST wheels on my Model 3 when it arrives. I have seen that the screen shows an image of the car with original specs. Is there anyway to change this to show the car with aftermarket products?

You can ask Tesla Customer Service to change the display on your car and app to the closest match in terms of OEM wheels. The Tesla 19" Grey Slipstreams are one option. There were once 19" Grey Turbines sold by Tesla briefly, only in Europe, as I recall. You could try to jog their memory on that one.

Tesla changed the image for me on my Model S with 19” grey TST rims. Just ask them for whatever wheel image you want, as long as it’s an OEM option which for the model 3 is either the Aeros or Sport wheels.

They were very annoying about it, but they did change it for me.

Tesla changed the image for me on my Model S with 19” grey TST rims. Just ask them for whatever wheel image you want, as long as it’s an OEM option which for the model 3 is either the Aeros or Sport wheels.

They were very annoying about it, but they did change it for me.

Sounds promising if they were able to show the TST wheels for you.

They won’t change the image for aftermarket wheels. Also make sure to check balance of TSportline wheels if buying the complete wheel/tire package. Of the 4, 3 were way off.

I'm getting just the 19" rims. Going to have my local tire shop mount and balance the stock tires.

Yellow-Tesla-Model-S-Center-Touchscreen-Display.jpg

So why post pics with no indication of how it was done?

If I remember correctly, that was one of the guys on this forum who has done a lot of custom work on his own Teslas. He had one of his Model S's wrapped in a bright yellow, and hacked the firmware on his car to change the display to that yellow.

I believe this is also the car he swapped the battery to a 90 kWh battery instead of the 85 kWh that was in it, and then upped the battery discharge current levels to a similar level that the Ludicrous cars can do. (To do that, he had to make a fake module that simulates a non-existent front motor so that the car thinks it's a dual-motor vehicle). If I remember correctly, this vehicle also had no Autopilot, and he managed to retrofit an entire AP1 suite to the car, and it does work properly. This car was originally a P85, and he retrofitted the sport suspension that was unique to the P85+. Thus, the resulting vehicle was "P90++ (L)". It was/is the fastest and highest horsepower rear-wheel drive Tesla on the road.

It was up for sale a while back, but I don't know if he ever sold it.

https://electrek.co/2017/09/27/hacked-tesla-model-s-p90-sale/

Reactions: NewTMSMan