Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed to 18’’ Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably not in my best interest to share what I found but you guys have been an amazing community!

I cancelled my 19’’ wheels and changed back to 18’’. Save yourself some money and get your car faster.

Some facts you might not know:

1. You can remove the ugly Aero thing and have some pretty good looking wheels. See https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/pros-and-cons-to-removing-the-aero-caps.124701
2. You can buy accessories from Tesla to make it look quite decent. See
3. Either way you probably need Wheel Bands to prevent curb rash, and some actually make the wheels look nicer and achieve a look of being of a slightly larger diameter. See Wheel Bands Kit for Tesla Model S
4. After market wheels exist, and are affordable. See Tesla Model 3: The things 'big name reviewers' don't talk about

Hope this helps you guys. You are a great community, and deserve better service. (That’s not saying much though, anyone deserves better than what Tesla is doing to us)

2 years old , 19" rims on my A4 B9 S4 , no wheel rim scratches or curb rashes on any side normal driving on the streets of London. Just how bad are you expecting to damage the rims ?

5qTxjLs.jpg

Update:

I did this change Friday. Prior to this no contact from Tesla ever with 19’’ wheels

Monday I got the following text (and an email telling me about my updated delivery date

Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been scheduled for 15/8 10:00 in London, Heathrow. This date may be subject to change - we will contact you in case of such change. Please log in to www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete your delivery profile as soon as possible. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Went online and I had a VIN. Laughs and giggles me and the wife called this Tesla Prime (as in Amazon Prime). I choose to ignore it cause I saw the amount of pain all of you go through calling them. It worked

Today at 2:30pm I got the call asking me about the delivery. I said surely that was a mistake because I didn’t even have a final invoice yet. They said no, I could collect the car. I said actually I couldn’t cause my life doesn’t revolve around Tesla. They asked the earliest I could do, I said the 26th and we set that as a new date. They said it was confirmed and the invoice will show up soon (still hasn’t)

One hour later I got this text

Your Model 3 is now ready for delivery. Your delivery will take place in London-Heathrow on 15/8 at 10:00 AM. Please confirm Your availability by answering 'Yes' or 'No' to this SMS. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Once again going to ignore it. I’m sure they will sort it again when it shows in red somewhere my payment isn’t received.

TLDR: if you want your car faster removing the 19’’ wheels works

Update:

I did this change Friday. Prior to this no contact from Tesla ever with 19’’ wheels

Monday I got the following text (and an email telling me about my updated delivery date

Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been scheduled for 15/8 10:00 in London, Heathrow. This date may be subject to change - we will contact you in case of such change. Please log in to www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete your delivery profile as soon as possible. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Went online and I had a VIN. Laughs and giggles me and the wife called this Tesla Prime (as in Amazon Prime). I choose to ignore it cause I saw the amount of pain all of you go through calling them. It worked

Today at 2:30pm I got the call asking me about the delivery. I said surely that was a mistake because I didn’t even have a final invoice yet. They said no, I could collect the car. I said actually I couldn’t cause my life doesn’t revolve around Tesla. They asked the earliest I could do, I said the 26th and we set that as a new date. They said it was confirmed and the invoice will show up soon (still hasn’t)

One hour later I got this text

Your Model 3 is now ready for delivery. Your delivery will take place in London-Heathrow on 15/8 at 10:00 AM. Please confirm Your availability by answering 'Yes' or 'No' to this SMS. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Once again going to ignore it. I’m sure they will sort it again when it shows in red somewhere my payment isn’t received.

TLDR: if you want your car faster removing the 19’’ wheels works
I’d have been there on the 15th come rain, shine or hellwater!

Wouldn’t it be ironic if they allocated your car to someone who could collect on 15th?

EDIT: I’ve just reread that, and it sounds awful. That’s certainly not what I would wish on you.

Last edited:
I’d have been there on the 15th come rain, shine or hellwater!

Wouldn’t it be ironic if they allocated your car to someone who could collect on 15th?

EDIT: I’ve just reread that, and it sounds awful. That’s certainly not what I would wish on you.

Ignoring them made hell of a experience nice. Focus was on them on making it work for me, no complaints here!

Reactions: Roy W.
  • Informative
Reactions: Fullerene