Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing alloys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have ordered a LR with the standard aero alloys however have been debating getting some different alloys. I wondered as the aero ones are designed to improve range how much range/performance do you think would be lost if I changed the alloys?

Thanks

I went for the P3D because i diddn't like the look of the Aero wheels .. well it wasn't the only reason of course and I dont regret getting the Perfomance model ;-)

But i have to say after seeing Model 3s with the Aeros fitted i do actually quite like them - they are much darker than they appear in pictures! I'd actually quite like a set to use for winter tyres - just a shame the don't fit the P3D.

Have ordered a LR with the standard aero alloys however have been debating getting some different alloys. I wondered as the aero ones are designed to improve range how much range/performance do you think would be lost if I changed the alloys?

Thanks

Recommend you get the standard Aeros to really see how they look on the car ... many of us changed our minds when we saw them "in the flesh". You will also be able to experiment with covers off/on before you eventually commit yourself to expensive alternatives. The fact that you are ordering a LR means that you looking for the best available range. There are people who are so range-anxious that they are tearing their hair out over a loss of 3 or 4 miles on their screen readout after charging ... not having the Aeros will probably lose you 10 miles straight off the bat before any battery degradation even starts. With the LR that may not matter to you but it's worth thinking about.