Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wheel refurb company? [UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I PCP'd a M3P 2 weeks ago and have already kerbed one of the Uberturbine alloys (not sure how easy they are to colour match).

Has anybody had theirs repaired and if so what company did they use? I am located near Stevenage.

I am thinking of using a company called Car2Cover to repair damage to paintwork, alloys and tyres for the next 3 years of ownership and wondered if anyone has had any dealings with this company or one that offers the same services?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John

Wheelworks in Crawley are excellent - they do all sorts of exotic stuff as well as wheels from modern cars.

I take pride in the appearance of my cars and would hate to drive them about with kerbed wheels, but that is just me.

Thanks for the reply MrBadger.

Yeah I did think about leaving it but by the time 3 years is up it will look a bit of a mess and I would like to try and keep it looking nice. My fault for choosing the M3P as I know the Uberturbines are really easy to scuff.

TBF, it's not just the Uberturbines... Whenever I see a Model 3 parked, I check to see if the alloys are as ruined as mine (Winchester's narrow streets have a lot to answer for). And many are, sadly...

Buried in this forum are my own attempts to get some sort of alloy (and paintwork) cover. I'd be interested to hear how you get on, if you go down the 'insurance' route. Though too late for this particular car (my three years are almost up, so I will be handing back with great trepidation...).

One thing to check is the cost that the PCP company will levy on you for a damaged alloy.
We‘ve returned several cars with kerb damage and been charged around £37-45 per wheel, and also had minor wheel damage waived entirely.
These were premium marques with ‘diamond-cut’ and black/silver finish that local refurb places had quoted >£120 /wheel.

TBF, it's not just the Uberturbines... Whenever I see a Model 3 parked, I check to see if the alloys are as ruined as mine (Winchester's narrow streets have a lot to answer for). And many are, sadly...

Buried in this forum are my own attempts to get some sort of alloy (and paintwork) cover. I'd be interested to hear how you get on, if you go down the 'insurance' route. Though too late for this particular car (my three years are almost up, so I will be handing back with great trepidation...).
Thanks DigbyChicken, I will post an update if I go down the insurance route.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
One thing to check is the cost that the PCP company will levy on you for a damaged alloy.
We‘ve returned several cars with kerb damage and been charged around £37-45 per wheel, and also had minor wheel damage waived entirely.
These were premium marques with ‘diamond-cut’ and black/silver finish that local refurb places had quoted >£120 /wheel.
Thanks thax1 I hadn't thought of that. Will contact the company I got the PCP through and find out their charges to maybe leave any damage closer to when the 3 years is up, depending on the costs. I will look to get it done for now as the car is only 2 weeks old :mad:.

Reactions: thax1
Thanks for the reply yessuz. I rang RSymons yesterday but was told (not by Richard) that they only carry out wheel refurbishments etc on cars they sell 😞
No, i know a company who was/is doing this service for them as contractor

Try Alloy Magic