Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing from a Y to X, regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both as well. The Y is the best price/value. X is a different deal. 6 seater loses storage space in trunk but makes passenger life much better.

Meaning you have a 5 seater X or Y and have 1 more seat than 6 seater X when rear seats are down to give same trunk space.

If you can afford it, I’d do it as the X is way nicer on long trips and seats are more comfortable.

Reactions: Sandiegodoug
I went from a 3 to an X. If sporty driving/handling is more important to you, then I would say stay with the Y. At my stage of life, I enjoy the comfort of the X. Also, I really like having a display directly in front of me.

If you have not done so already, you should test drive the X. Either way, enjoy the drive!

I switch from our 3 to our X occasionally. I really notice the drive side display and bigger center screen. Also, the Air suspension in the X gives a nicer ride than the Ys I have driven. However, a new 3 or Y will have less rattles and may have less wind noise. I believe the X chassis has more flex because of the missing rigidity because of the Falcon Wing Doors.