Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing your confirmed order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone that has made changes to their order after having it confirmed, post here about the process? Like who handled it for you, where was it done? Phone call? I'm assuming as it may have been mentioned elsewhere that there is one $500 charge for all changes made at one time?

I changed from a 75D to the 90D. I got everything I wanted except ultra high fidelity package ;(. I think they didn't charge me because the 90D just rolled off the assembly line and someone must have changed their mind when they ordered it.. also my salesperson was pretty good.. wanted me to be happy
mo!

I changed from a 75D to the 90D. I got everything I wanted except ultra high fidelity package ;(. I think they didn't charge me because the 90D just rolled off the assembly line and someone must have changed their mind when they ordered it.. also my salesperson was pretty good.. wanted me to be happy
mo!
You're saying that they offered you a car that was already being built? I'm talking about changing an order that's probably a month away from building.

Paid $500 to change from X90D to XP100DL plus subzero option. Paid with Visa and emailed my owner advisor the changes I wanted. He emailed back the confirmed changes and took approximately 3 weeks to change on MyTesla page from X90D to XP100DL. One $500 fee to change as many options at that one time. If you want to change options afterwards again, you have to pay the $500 fee again. You will get an email that asks you to contact Tesla if your changes aren't correct after you see the changes on MyTesla page.

I phoned my owner advisor to give my Visa info and then emailed with him to have the changes in writing.

I received the VIN and couldn't change from P90D to P100D anymore :( even if I wanted to pay the fee. They told me I had to lose the $2500 deposit and make a new order or get a P100D from their inventory at no fee. My car didn't enter into production but it was about to

I received the VIN and couldn't change from P90D to P100D anymore :( even if I wanted to pay the fee. They told me I had to lose the $2500 deposit and make a new order or get a P100D from their inventory at no fee. My car didn't enter into production but it was about to

Ask them if they could try and locate the vehicle you want with an owner who is forfeiting their deposit or wanting to change order like yourself w/o fee and everyone wins.

Ask them if they could try and locate the vehicle you want with an owner who is forfeiting their deposit or wanting to change order like yourself w/o fee and everyone wins.

Took delivery of my car a few weeks ago. They had a few P100D but color and options wasn't what I wanted so decided to keep my build. Is plenty fast but I wanted that extra range for long trips as in real life we are getting less range and lets see how I ll deal with range anxiety on road trips. Locally and everyday we are doing fine plenty of range it is just for longer trips.

You're saying that they offered you a car that was already being built? I'm talking about changing an order that's probably a month away from building.

I dont know, all I know is I called my salesperson, asked is it too late to go to the 90D, and he called around and found an exact same car I wanted minus the hidef sound package :( and I said ok.. that was it

Mo!