Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge By Solar Not Showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see any explicit options to choose a priority so assume it's just based on Powerwall mode and however you have your tou rate structure set. I have sell price set to 3c less than buy to approximate the NBC losses.
This is my only issue with CoS, I'm set on time-based control with TOU EV2A plan and set my sell price 3c less than buy. For some reason the system still prioritizes charging the car over charging powerwall. I would like it the other way around! The only way I can do that is change the powerwall backup reserve to 100%. It would be nice to have the option in Tesla app that ChargeHQ has for setting priority.

IMG_0750.PNG

The cars need to be on at least 2023.26.x. Your gateway version is already good to go. Non "+" PW work too. Once the cars have the proper FW, it knows where it's charging. It knows it's associated with an account that is also associated with a PW. There is an explicit pairing process as well ... presumably for accounts with multiple gateways or multiple PW enabled locations.
Thank you so much. This helps. I’ll revisit once the car software version(s) catch up.

At around 90% Powerwall charge, the system is now directing solar at the house and continuing to charge the PW with surplus. CoS still paused for PW priority. The car data graph section also now disappeared ... so weird.

PW full, system now adjust charging rate to car every few seconds to match variations in solar surplus.

Yes, maybe due to a cloudy today mine keeps alternating from using excess solar for charging the car then stopping the car charging and start using excess solar to charge my powerwalls. Alternating doing this three times so far. Probably not the best for the wall connector but it does seem my powerwalls will be fully charged by 3:00pm right in time for partial peak rates.

Wish Tesla would fix their FSD Beta installs. Would love to play with CoS but I've been stuck on 2023.7.20 for almost two months.
Same thing here. Even with advanced betas selected I'm stuck at 2023.7.20, and don't see any logical reason why. There's got to be some algorithm selecting who gets the latest betas - possibly depending on the number of edge cases you report?

So, looks like I might have misread the post. So those last two screen shots are NOT Cos, but ChargeHQ? Was not clear to me. Opps
Sorry for any confusion. Those two screens were Tesla app w/ CoS, yes. But there’s no setting in the app to prioritize. The app simply informed me it was prioritizing PW over EV. I had no control.

ChargeHQ, which I’m running in parallel, does allow you to set PW or EV priority.

Reactions: Jones1
Sorry for any confusion. Those two screens were Tesla app w/ CoS, yes. But there’s no setting in the app to prioritize. The app simply informed me it was prioritizing PW over EV. I had no control.

ChargeHQ, which I’m running in parallel, does allow you to set PW or EV priority.
I have yet to see any extra screen like that with CoS. I wonder if .11 is needed? I am trying to get

I’m definitely having similar issues, where the … sub menu disappears from the app. Then it seems like I need to re-enroll the EV for CoS. Happened on both of my Y’s with 2023.26.7.

Also, noticed this AM one of the Y’s did not charge to its scheduled departure minimum. Said waiting for Solar. Now it is charging on extra solar, but still not at the minimum daily drive from any source.

IMG_6856.jpeg

I’m definitely having similar issues, where the … sub menu disappears from the app. Then it seems like I need to re-enroll the EV for CoS. Happened on both of my Y’s with 2023.26.7.

Also, noticed this AM one of the Y’s did not charge to its scheduled departure minimum. Said waiting for Solar. Now it is charging on extra solar, but still not at the minimum daily drive from any source.

View attachment 964302
I have given up on the app. Just plugging in when I am home and needing to charge is much more KISS

Reactions: jgleigh
Not necessarily relevant to any ongoing discussions, but ran across something that might be interesting.
I have a portable battery so I charged the car off that for a bit. Looks like the car identifies CoS purely by its location. The app was very confused about where this mysterious power was coming from, saying at first that it was solar (9pm) but then deciding it was from the power wall.
Like I said, not super relevant but if there's anyone out there who charges their car using an off-grid battery, just know CoS will now import those "non Tesla" power sources and potentially mess up your stats. If you care about that.

Reactions: dtouma and YRide
wow.. i dont know whats going on..lol ok got it to charge on solar after the powerwalls were full (thats what i want) then it started charging car on the car screen it showed it was charging but on the home energy gatewaysa it didnt show anything going to the car just 0 kw but after all day the car did go up a little ( from 56 to 60kW) now it shows on the energy gatewaysa page that 1.0 kW is going to the car.. any ideas on whats going on..

That's interesting but not surprising. I find the stats aren't all that great anyh
wow.. i dont know whats going on..lol ok got it to charge on solar after the powerwalls were full (thats what i want) then it started charging car on the car screen it showed it was charging but on the home energy gatewaysa it didnt show anything going to the car just 0 kw but after all day the car did go up a little ( from 56 to 60kW) now it shows on the energy gatewaysa page that 1.0 kW is going to the car.. any ideas on whats going on..
I suspect it's just just sampling/rounding artifacts from different moments in time when viewing data in car vs what the gateway monitor / phone app reports.

Reactions: Scubamikey