Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge door no longer opening on tap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having the issue where you can no longer tap the charge door to open, it was working until maybe a few days ago. I use it every day so its hard to miss. Now I have had to do unlock charge door with the app.

No, but I did just play with it at work here and it started working again. Hopefully it continues, the first few times it didn't do it, I opened it manually, the first time it started working it opened about 3/4 of the way, the next time it opened the whole way.

I saw the other day someone created an iPhone 15 shortcut for the newly introduced side button(instead of slide) for doing a bunch of actions on Tesla including opening of charge port. See if you can do something similar with your phone in case this problem is not solved

worked again today so I'm a bit dumbfounded. So far it is working again. I also managed to add it as triple tap on the bottom button in case its needed. If you click it by mistake when its charging it stops charging which kind of sucks so I moved it from double to triple tap as I figured that might help.

Reactions: Technokrat