Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge on Solar (CoS) not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have all the necessary software/firmware levels for the car (Model Y), Powerwall, and App. After the car updated to 2023.26, I was prompted to choose my home Powerwall for Charge on Solar, and the minimum and maximum charge limits for CoS, which I did. The charging slider still looks the same as before and does not show the yellow dot representing the CoS minimum. CoS does not appear to be working, even though it shows it is turned On.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks for your assistance.

ok not sure whats going on.. i got the cos the other day today is the first day im trying to use it well it seam like it started pretty good.. panels were getting charged.. powerwalls charged back up and then its showing charge going ot the car but the battery level never goes up after a few hours of charging on
of the other pics i took it showed 1.0 kw going to the car any ideas. Thanks
Aug 13 2.PNG
Aug 13  1.PNG

Upvote 0
I had to log out of the app and log back in, then reboot the car to get anything to show up.

As far as your settings in the screenshot note that most of the charging will happen off solar. Solar charging will only happen for the tiny piece between the two circles on the slider.

Upvote 0
I had to log out of the app and log back in, then reboot the car to get anything to show up.

As far as your settings in the screenshot note that most of the charging will happen off solar. Solar charging will only happen for the tiny piece between the two circles on the slider.
Thanks so much for this post! The log-out/log-in process paired with the car reboot did the trick.
My journey for this functionality was a long one. My Powerwalls were stuck on 22.26. Contacted Powewall support. They could not push a firmware update. They referred to engineering, which means I went into a black hole of lack of communication. I kept contacting to try to elevate the case. Finally was told that I needed onsite technicians to fix the issue. 6 weeks later, they show up with a brand new Powerwall to replace one of my two Powerwalls. Turns out it had an internal fault and was only operating at 20% capacity. They replaced the unit, which hangs on a wall insode my garage. They also had to force a gateway update to my Gateway (version 2). After 4 hours, all firmware updated, I have full capacity in both Powerwalls, and now with this post, I'm charging off Solar on an cloudy day. Interesting to see it switch off and back on again when the sun pokes through.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.PNG
    IMG_0860.PNG
    438.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0859.PNG
    IMG_0859.PNG
    690.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Love
Reactions: lensovet
Upvote 0