Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port disabled \ Charging unavailable \ Temp fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car just got the dreaded "Charge port disabled \ Charging unavailable alert"It didn't charge overnight, leaving me with 80 miles and 50 miles to the nearest service center. I couldn't remove the charging cable at first, but was able to after awhile. The charge port door went completely limp but I was able to force it open by pushing the back. However, the internal latch stayed up and there was no way to reinsert the charging cable. Roadside assistance told me to take it to the service center if I'm brave enough. Service center confirmed the charge port is acting up intermittently and a new charge port is on order, but for the time being the charge port started working again and I drove home after the SC charged it up for me. Anyway, the same thing happened this morning. I was able to make it work when the latch stayed up and charge port became disabled by pressing the button in the image below. I'm just leaving it here as a PSA in case someone else encounters this problem so they can try as a temp fix. I actually didn't know that it's a button!
charge port.jpg

Reactions: sacfan