Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Plastic Guide Broke

vashspike

Oct 6, 2019
San Bernardino
Has this been a problem for many others? I'm awaiting mobile service to come and check it out but one of the two big prongs lost a plastic guide ring. I've been very careful when plugging/unplugging my vehicle and the car is only 3 months old. At first it seemed like the cable wouldn't plug in without this piece but after gently working at it I was able to get it to charge. Very disappointing but hopefully they will take care of it.

IMG_8092.jpg IMG_3450.JPG

2019 White Model 3 Standard Range Plus

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
They replaced my two pins last week at a service visit and I’ve seen other posts. I think it’s a rolling upgrade as you are in for anything else. We had no issues with them, though.

Others, I’d just be careful with charging.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC