Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Home vs Other charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charge at home using the Mobile Connector. On the app, under Charge Stats, some charges show up as Home Charge and some show up as Other Charge. In fact they are all home charges.

I’d like to more accurately track my charging, and I am wondering if there is a way to set the app to recognize that all charging at my home location is a Home Charge?

Had this issue myself. Check the app to see what address the car thinks it is at when you are actually charging at home. For me, the car always thought it was about 10ft further forward than it actually was, putting it in my neighbors car port. Fix was to update my "home" address in the car to my neighbors address. Not awesome, but it fixed the issue. Make sure if you have other driver profiles, you update their home address as well. My wife had her's set to the old address after I made my first update, and it kept showing "other".

Reactions: Justjim
Had this issue myself. Check the app to see what address the car thinks it is at when you are actually charging at home. For me, the car always thought it was about 10ft further forward than it actually was, putting it in my neighbors car port. Fix was to update my "home" address in the car to my neighbors address. Not awesome, but it fixed the issue. Make sure if you have other driver profiles, you update their home address as well. My wife had her's set to the old address after I made my first update, and it kept showing "other".
Thanks for that info. That helps a lot.

An update: Last time I charged, I first checked the location of my car on the app, and it showed it parked at my home address. However, the charge accrued to Other rather than Home. Not sure what to think anymore.
Is someone else driving the car? When you use the wall connector, it looks at the driver profile of the last driver in the car. So, make sure that person has the home profile set.

Is someone else driving the car? When you use the wall connector, it looks at the driver profile of the last driver in the car. So, make sure that person has the home profile set.
Thanks for that insight. Yes, there are two people driving the car, and one of them (moi) didn’t have the home address in their profile. Wow, what a journey, both literally and figuratively.

Reactions: Fourdoor and JKad
I’ve had the issue if the power goes out/network goes down at home and my car places itself GPS wise elsewhere. Side effect if I set it to 25A it resets itself to 48A. Metal roof I think messes with it. It’s placed the car like 30 miles away from home before. Haven’t seen it do it since this summer.

I am having the same problem with my new M3LR. I have verified addresses for both users and car, labeled our address as Home on the navigation screen, set the wall charger to only charge my car, but home charging still registers as Other in the stats. Does Tesla navigation tie into Google? Google shows my home location about a block away, but my address location correctly. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem with my new M3LR. I have verified addresses for both users and car, labeled our address as Home on the navigation screen, set the wall charger to only charge my car, but home charging still registers as Other in the stats. Does Tesla navigation tie into Google? Google shows my home location about a block away, but my address location correctly. Any suggestions?
When you hit "Location" in the app - what address does it show your car at when you're at home? I had to change mine to what the app thought even though it wasn't the correct address for my home.

When you hit "Location" in the app - what address does it show your car at when you're at home? I had to change mine to what the app thought even though it wasn't the correct address for my home.

My address is correct, however Google Maps location coordinates for my address are about a block off. I did a correction request to Google, which they say takes up to two weeks. My understanding at this time is Tesla uses the address coordinates from Google. After, and if, Google makes the correction, my next question is if Tesla updates the address coordination from Google everytime I get home, or if I have to find a way to update it. I also have a strong WiFi signal at the connector, so I don't expect that to be the issue.

An update: Last time I charged, I first checked the location of my car on the app, and it showed it parked at my home address. However, the charge accrued to Other rather than Home. Not sure what to think anymore.
Does Tesla draw the "Home" coordinates from Google Maps? Google Maps has my "Home" location 407 feet from our actual location even though streetview of our address is correct. We are in a newish development and Google must have set the address coordinates to the center of the development since many specific addresses were not established.

Usually I have saved about $185 on charging stats.

Just got back from 2500 mile trip using supercharger. My gas savings are $199.

So maybe I saved $14?

EV cost to charge on trips is such an overrated non-existent benefit

Usually I have saved about $185 on charging stats.

Just got back from 2500 mile trip using supercharger. My gas savings are $199.

So maybe I saved $14?

EV cost to charge on trips is such an overrated non-existent benefit
I feel your pain on that. Just went on a 850-900 mile trip and supercharging cost me $88. Still cheaper than gas, but I sure thought I'd be saving more than that. As I understand though, supercharging has recently seen a pretty significant price hike. Probably wishful thinking, but maybe it will go back down.

The address and location on the Tesla app and map are both correct. The only thing that I can find that is incorrect is when I click on the location symbol on Google Maps, it shows a location that is ~450 feet away. Right clicking on the location shown gives the coordinates and a link to report data problems, which I did about a week ago but no response yet. If Tesla draws the Home location coordinates from Google, my home charging will always show up as Other. Right now, I edited the Other cost to my home rate since that is the only place I charge.

Reactions: MacO512
The address and location on the Tesla app and map are both correct. The only thing that I can find that is incorrect is when I click on the location symbol on Google Maps, it shows a location that is ~450 feet away. Right clicking on the location shown gives the coordinates and a link to report data problems, which I did about a week ago but no response yet. If Tesla draws the Home location coordinates from Google, my home charging will always show up as Other. Right now, I edited the Other cost to my home rate since that is the only place I charge.
Yeah I think you may be right they get it from google, I show both google and Tesla with an error at my house. Sometimes Tesla shows the wrong address depending where I park my Tesla.

My address is 5123 but for some reason a big part of my driveway shows a 9123 address which doesn't exist. I'll try reporting the problem to google.

Update your “HOME” address with Google.
Users can submit address correction requests.

During charging last night the car must have recognized where "Home" was. It had part of the charge as "Other" and part as "Home". The Charging Stat on the App had the home part on the correct time of day rate. I can't say what caused this to happen. I navigated to "Home" to see if that would trigger it, plus made several other Google Map requests. Since part of last night's charge was "Other" and the rest "Home", my guess is that it was a data update around midnight when the vehicle was being charged. The switch happened to be about two weeks after my first request to Google and Google did say it took two weeks and Google sent an email that the address had been accepted a few hours earlier.

I charge at home using the Mobile Connector. On the app, under Charge Stats, some charges show up as Home Charge and some show up as Other Charge. In fact they are all home charges.

I’d like to more accurately track my charging, and I am wondering if there is a way to set the app to recognize that all charging at my home location is a Home Charge?
Similar challenge.
Am I rare in having two homes? We live in an apartment as our primary home. Also have a rural second home where the charger is installed.
Can I set my “home charging” at an address other than my legal primary address?
All of my home charging is reported as Other.
Thank you for the help!

Similar challenge.
Am I rare in having two homes? We live in an apartment as our primary home. Also have a rural second home where the charger is installed.
Can I set my “home charging” at an address other than my legal primary address?
All of my home charging is reported as Other.
Thank you for the help!
You may need to just swap your “Home” address in the TESLA app every time you stay/charge at the second home. It’s a PITA, for sure, but I don’t know of another way.