Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we'll be ordering our M3 in a few months for 2023 delivery. Will the $2000 rebate be available then? Does it apply to when you ordered or accepted/finalized purchase of the vehicle?
Tesla is a bit special case. Last year it secured NJ rebate at time of ordering, so unless process changes this year, it is possible if you order now Tesla might be able to keep that 2k rebate for you.

What do you mean Tesla would keep the 2k rebate?
I meant they would secure that 2k rebate for you at time of ordering, and apply that 2k to your order in 2023 or whenever you are taking delivery later. This is different than traditional dealer. Let's say if you are buying a Ford Mach E or Hyundai Ioniq 5, dealer can only give you that 2k credit when you are actually purchasing the car. So if funding runs out by September, and you are picking up Mach E in October, then you won't get the 2k credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJEV-Don
Based on that it looks that the Tesla Wall charger isn’t eligible. Plus I installed it last year so that isn’t good either I’m sure. Oh well. Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.
Has anyone recently been able to get the $250 charger rebate from ChargeUp New Jersey? The Tesla Wall Connector is not on the eligible charger list at EV Charger Incentive | Charge Up New Jersey.