Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charged with a Cybertruck: better looking in person!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't wait till I get my CT.

1704112647598.png

It dwarfed the Model X on the other side. Looks stunning in person, even though it was really dirty. I’ve heard people who hate Cybertrucks say they’re even uglier in person—this has got to be the most polarizing car ever. I, for one, love the design.

It had a dealer plate, so obviously a company/test vehicle. The steering column cover was broken—hope that doesn’t become an issue.

View attachment 1002865View attachment 1002865
I’ve seen in person a few times
It’s way better in person
Visually
The stance
The front end
The wheel and tire size
Fantastic

Every time I see a Rivian from the front I think of the Rolie Polie Olie cartoon my kids used to watch!

I know. I wish I was in the design room when everyone approved of the look.
The ownership base /LOVES/ it when you call it like it is.
IMG_1889.jpeg

Here I was practicing ownership prior to arrival of the absolute garbage box that is an R1 vehicle.

Imagine :
not being able to watch media on main screen while you charge your 135kWh pack. - riv official reply, “there are hooks and usbC on the back of headrests. Climb back there and enjoy!”

Not being able to use driver+ (their busted version of AP) anywhere but /approved/ Highways.

Drive up to a CCS stall and pull 47kW because most CCS stations in the middle of nowhere aren’t above 70kW. Turn your 5hr trip in an X to a 13hr trip in an R1S.

Seats no more comfortable than a 2013 raptor, heated&cooled. FLAT and meant for the typical farmer.

Ugh I could go on… these vehicles are worse than going from your favorite OS to windowsME.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and Resist
The ownership base /LOVES/ it when you call it like it is.View attachment 1004896

Here I was practicing ownership prior to arrival of the absolute garbage box that is an R1 vehicle.

Imagine :
not being able to watch media on main screen while you charge your 135kWh pack. - riv official reply, “there are hooks and usbC on the back of headrests. Climb back there and enjoy!”

Not being able to use driver+ (their busted version of AP) anywhere but /approved/ Highways.

Drive up to a CCS stall and pull 47kW because most CCS stations in the middle of nowhere aren’t above 70kW. Turn your 5hr trip in an X to a 13hr trip in an R1S.

Seats no more comfortable than a 2013 raptor, heated&cooled. FLAT and meant for the typical farmer.

Ugh I could go on… these vehicles are worse than going from your favorite OS to windowsME.

Hey!!

That looks like a Dyson Fan.

Wait a min....did the CEO of Rivian buy a bunch of Dyson fans and couldn't give them away so.....

It all makes sense now.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
Idk, I keep flip flopping on it. I think I'll need to wait until average joes (for a cybertruck owner) get their hands on a cybertruck and tell their stories before I'm ready to commit one way or the other. Strangely, I like it more in photos than in person but maybe with the right wrap/matte ppf, it'll look a lot better. I'm just not sure. In photos it looks futuristic. In person, I can't shake the feeling of 'fridge on wheels.' I also wonder how my perception of them will change when we start seeing many on the roads.

Finally, I don't know how I feel about delivery times. I think if you order today, it's very possible you won't see your cybertruck until 2025 or 2026. Maybe even later for the 60k version. So, I almost want to place an order just to have a 'spot' in line but maybe by 2025/2026 there won't be much of a line anyways. Has anyone cancelled a tesla order before? I know you lose the initial deposit but do they hold it against you in any other way? I'll just need to keep watching.

Tesla doesn't hold it against you for cancelling. Why would they? They get to keep your order fee and in their financial interest that more people cancel.
For the initial orders they didn’t but I suspect that will eventually change. Either way, if you don’t really need it for a couple of years, why not just wait and see how things pan out with it rather Than risk being a Guinea pig?

Reactions: ArchHamster
For the initial orders they didn’t but I suspect that will eventually change. Either way, if you don’t really need it for a couple of years, why not just wait and see how things pan out with it rather Than risk being a Guinea pig?
Because if you order today you may get it in a couple of years. If you wait, it may be longer.

People really didn't expect the Model 3 to sale much, and then the Model Y wasn't that different.

But the Model Y is now the best selling car, period.
Not best selling EV, Best selling CAR!

But it's not the best selling vehicle, that's the Ford F-150. (on which the Model Y is slowly encroaching)
So if the Cybertruck can gain equivalent ground, you may have to wait for one.

Because if you order today you may get it in a couple of years. If you wait, it may be longer.

People really didn't expect the Model 3 to sale much, and then the Model Y wasn't that different.

But the Model Y is now the best selling car, period.
Not best selling EV, Best selling CAR!

But it's not the best selling vehicle, that's the Ford F-150. (on which the Model Y is slowly encroaching)
So if the Cybertruck can gain equivalent ground, you may have to wait for one.
Perhaps, but if you look at historical wait times for Tesla Vehicles, they are always inordinately long during the initial roll out then come down to a more normal period. Part of that is due to manufacturing ramp-up and part is due to the initial demand of people wanting the brand new model. (I'm also ignoring the post-pandemic crunch a couple years ago where there was a run on EVs combined with supply shortages.)

Bottom line, I don't expect the wait times to continue to be 1+ years.

Perhaps, but if you look at historical wait times for Tesla Vehicles, they are always inordinately long during the initial roll out then come down to a more normal period. Part of that is due to manufacturing ramp-up and part is due to the initial demand of people wanting the brand new model. (I'm also ignoring the post-pandemic crunch a couple years ago where there was a run on EVs combined with supply shortages.)

Bottom line, I don't expect the wait times to continue to be 1+ years.
The Model 3 was in constrained supply for much longer than a year, Model Y as well.

Teh Cybertruck isn't going to have enough production facilities for a while as well.