Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charged with a Cybertruck: better looking in person!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It dwarfed the Model X on the other side. Looks stunning in person, even though it was really dirty. I’ve heard people who hate Cybertrucks say they’re even uglier in person—this has got to be the most polarizing car ever. I, for one, love the design.

It had a dealer plate, so obviously a company/test vehicle. The steering column cover was broken—hope that doesn’t become an issue.

IMG_2142.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg

I saw one in person at our local SC, and I liked it. It's big, but not outrageously so like some common lifted pickup trucks we all see every day. As for the looks, when introduced I was shocked and didn't know what to think. Now after I've gotten used to it, I like the looks, and the technology even more. Fortunately I am not a truck guy, no need, so I'm not part of that addressable market...

Reactions: APotatoGod
It's funny to see something so different in the familiar line of cars at the Superchargers as if it's just another Tesla but, that's what it is and will be a normal sight soon enough.
For whatever reason there are reportedly no Tesla logos anywhere on the Cybertruck. Not sure what to make of that decision, other than Tesla establishing a separate truck brand named Cybertruck. Sort of like GM has Chevrolet and GMC?

Reactions: 404 Not Found
When that thing rolled up onto the platform on introduction day, I just stared in astonishment. Kudos to Tesla for being able to keep its design secret. That had to be a problem. Later on, I learned about its engineering and ordered one. EVERYBODY on the road will be talking about it and shooting video, probably even Ford F-150 owners. Tesla does know how to get publicity.

I saw one in person at our local SC, and I liked it. It's big, but not outrageously so like some common lifted pickup trucks we all see every day. As for the looks, when introduced I was shocked and didn't know what to think. Now after I've gotten used to it, I like the looks, and the technology even more. Fortunately I am not a truck guy, no need, so I'm not part of that addressable market...

It is definitely very different in person. One of the biggest differences for me is the height. Look at it between the Y and the S. It's only about 5 inches taller than the Y. (who knows the current suspension settings).
I'm 6 ft and to see across the top, I only have to raise my feet by 1/2 inch. There are numerous pickups that my eye level is only slightly about the door sill at the bottom of the window. It's another foot+ to see across the top.

It's not the beast that many believe.

To everyone who says “I would never buy a […], they’re too ugly” my response is “I can decide for myself what I like and don’t like. Why should I care what you think or let it decide for me?”
Great answer, you free to make your own choice, your money; your choice; your cyber truck; your happiness; your judgment; at the end it bulletproof they can’t touch this

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
To everyone who says “I would never buy a […], they’re too ugly” my response is “I can decide for myself what I like and don’t like. Why should I care what you think or let it decide for me?”

Why would you think everyone else is directing their opinions towards just YOU?
A bit presumptuous, don't you think?

Ugly or not (it is), it will sell if the price is right.
If the value proposition is wrong, the looks will barely move the needle on sales.

at the end it bulletproof they can’t touch this

Except that it isn't.
Not at all.
Read the fine print!

That Model S looks nice. More photos? Custom front bumper?

I have to agree - between the two, Model S looks way more appealing.
CT, somehow, already looks dated.
🤷‍♀️

Why would you think everyone else is directing their opinions towards just YOU?
A bit presumptuous, don't you think?

Ugly or not (it is), it will sell if the price is right.
If the value proposition is wrong, the looks will barely move the needle on sales.
Well, I don’t own a Cyber Truck so clearly it’s not aimed at me. What made you think I thought that? My post was a general response to all the people who feel compelled to write posts saying ‘there’s no way I’d ever buy that- it’s too ugly’ I’ve seen such posts about the CT but also other cars as well and they always puzzle me. Why do people feel compelled to buy/not buy a car based on their sense of aesthetics?