Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint 3.3 kW Charger Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experience charging a Model 3 at the subject line? There’s 2 of these next door to my buiding and I’m curious about the mph charge rate (Google results are all over the map).

If anyone’s curious - the charge is $1/hr for the first 3 hours, then $2.75/hr after that.

Yeah I thought it was low too, especially for a brand new station...but that’s what it says on PlugShare (3.3).

And I don’t have one at home...yet. Still fighting the HOA battle.
I see the CT4000 which usually has 30A output comes in a 16A output version also, for 20A circuits.
ChargePoint— We’re overpriced, but we’re underpowered.

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and Rocky_H
$0.14 is pretty typical. Commercial power rates vary from $.08 to $.15 in most places. My employer
picked the average price we pay over a day $.10 and then chargepoint adds $.01 for maintenance and
billing. At home I pay PG&E's exorbitant $.34. So I don't charge at home unless I really need to do that. I need to get solar soon.

Is that roughly equal to $0.30 per kWh?

The one at my work is $0.14 per hour and its a 6.6kW station. I'm assuming that's pretty cheap?
Yup, assuming you actually get the full 3.3kW that's approx. $0.30/kWh for the first three hours. That rate jumps to $0.83/kWh after 3 hours. Ouch!

If you actually only have to pay $0.14/hr for a full 6.6kW, that's probably a lot cheaper than charging at home. You're paying effectively $0.021/kWh. Pretty good if you ask me.

Yup, assuming you actually get the full 3.3kW that's approx. $0.30/kWh for the first three hours. That rate jumps to $0.83/kWh after 3 hours. Ouch!

If you actually only have to pay $0.14/hr for a full 6.6kW, that's probably a lot cheaper than charging at home. You're paying effectively $0.021/kWh. Pretty good if you ask me.
Yeah, I was shocked to see this at my work. Guess I know where I'll be charging mostly. :)