Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger installation - best way to adpat knockout to 3/4" conduit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of installing my wall charger. I am using the bracket for top feed with conduit. I am running 3/4" conduit. The top knockout is meant for 1" conduit. Typically, I woudl be using a reducing washer. Just wondering what others are using given the plastic shell.

I am in the process of installing my wall charger. I am using the bracket for top feed with conduit. I am running 3/4" conduit. The top knockout is meant for 1" conduit. Typically, I woudl be using a reducing washer. Just wondering what others are using given the plastic shell.

I used a reducing washer/bushing on the last install. Just be gentle with it and it should be fine.

For those in conduit code areas...

After some more investigating, it seems there is simply no perfect solution. Especially, if you desire you make a watertight connection

Here is what I tried:
1.) using reducing washer
problems: a.) second washer does not fit inside. b.) watertight EMT connector threads are not long enough to receive lock nut.
There is a product with longer thread, but only available in 25 packs... (3/4" Raintight Compression Connector with Extra Long Threads)​
2.) using a 1" rigid connector with 1" to 3/4" reducer bushing and then 3/4" water tight EMT compression.
problem: not really watertight​