Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger Testing has begun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vmax, that coupler looks like a SAE J1772 (one going into the EV Power wallbox). Or is it a IEC 62192 Type-2? I notice there're two wallboxes, are they exactly the same and both yours or are they different (different outlet types)?

Btw, just saw this car in Aberdeen. Is this a test car owned by Tesla HK? How many Model S already got registered in HK?

Welcome to the forums, fyw709.

As far as I know, there are 6 Model S in Hong Kong, for testing and customer demonstration. The cars mainly "belong" to engineering, though sales borrow them from time to time, at the grace and mercy of engineering.

Do you have a Model S on order? If so, feel free to join the list here: HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

(send me your details in a PM if you like, or post in the thread there ^ )

Welcome to the forums, fyw709.

As far as I know, there are 6 Model S in Hong Kong, for testing and customer demonstration. The cars mainly "belong" to engineering, though sales borrow them from time to time, at the grace and mercy of engineering.

Do you have a Model S on order? If so, feel free to join the list here: HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

(send me your details in a PM if you like, or post in the thread there ^ )

Thank you so much for the greetings =)

This Hong Kong session is fabulous for those who are interested to share and discuss about future EVs in HK.

I'd love to drive MS and own one but unfortunately it is still way too expensive for me to order. And charging is another big issue as I just rent the parking space instead of owning it.

I set a target to myself to buy the upcoming model X in 2016 or 2017. Hope this will come true 2 years later.:rolleyes:

But I am still very much enjoyed reading discussions from the owners who will receive their MS next month or so. Perhaps I may also contribute some experiences as I am driving hybrid car now. I think both of them share some similarity in certain area.

Finally, I understand the current HK MS may have a bit compromised in terms of infotainment system, especially in areas like google map and internet browsing. While I agree Tesla could do a better job in managing buyer's expectiation by not offering too much guarantee, we should appreciate their ability to get MS approved by TD as buyer would never think of a few years ago. The big 17" screen is one of the very good example. You would never imagine TD agreed to this big screen in the past.

Hope every new MS owner will enjoy their car.