Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeUP! Sarasota County - Rebates for EV Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
Just wanted to share a bit of news about a great program, ChargeUP! Sarasota, that Sarasota County recently launched.
Pages - ElectricVehicles

The program would provide rebates to certain types of businesses, non-profits, and local governments within Sarasota County to buy and install EV charging stations. Participants in this limited program may be eligible for one of the following rebates for a new, publicly available station:
  • Non-profits or government organizations: 50 percent of cost, up to $4,000 maximum.
  • Businesses: 25 percent of cost, up to $2,000 maximum.
I suggest our Florida fans actively support the program and elected officials who wisely authorized such an initiative. Maybe this is something to send to the Florida Tesla Enthusiast group @Larry Chanin ?

Personally, I'd love something like this in Southeast Florida!

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
This will make it much easier for groups like ourselves to do an effort similar to that used for the Marathon Supercharge and also for the crowd-funded charging station recently in Newfoundland.

I, for one, will contribute if we can do more in Miami-Dade. Some serious gaps like the Port of Miami, places like Dadeland, Coral Gables and The Falls where options exist but they're priced at Maximum Plaid for not-really-fast CHAdeMO. We do need to make life easier for all our Tesla tourists!

Just wanted to share a bit of news about a great program, ChargeUP! Sarasota, that Sarasota County recently launched.
Pages - ElectricVehicles

The program would provide rebates to certain types of businesses, non-profits, and local governments within Sarasota County to buy and install EV charging stations. Participants in this limited program may be eligible for one of the following rebates for a new, publicly available station:
  • Non-profits or government organizations: 50 percent of cost, up to $4,000 maximum.
  • Businesses: 25 percent of cost, up to $2,000 maximum.
I suggest our Florida fans actively support the program and elected officials who wisely authorized such an initiative. Maybe this is something to send to the Florida Tesla Enthusiast group @Larry Chanin ?

Personally, I'd love something like this in Southeast Florida!
Hi Evan,

Yes, this is an excellent program and demonstrates Sarasota County's leadership in promoting electric vehicles.

I was consulted before the program was launched for input and emailed the Manager of Sustainability and the County Commissioners some suggestions. It's currently a one-shot deal funded by a grant. Hopefully it will be renewed in coming years. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convince the County to extend this program to Tesla charging equipment.

Nevertheless, this is still an excellent program.

Larry