Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging and model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah this is what I found.. I am not sure of what "anti-weather" means though... there is another similarly priced "anti weather" cable that user reviews describe as "not weatherproof".

Not planning to plug in when it rains (which should not be a large issue in socal), but still wanted something ok for outdoor use.

Thanks for the reply.. I had seen posts of people getting theirs for $50 so was double checking that I wasn't missing anything.

Probably better off making one. Only problem is making it weatherproof. SO cable is about $1.80/ft plugs are $10. is it going through the garage? If so I'd run the extension cord all the way to the door and run the charger under the door outside. That's how mine work for the tesla and leaf.

All of the suggestions in this thread are good ones but you might just try charging on 110v in the garage for a while before you spend any money & effort on it. I installed a HPWC on a 100a circuit so I can't speak from experience but there's more than a few people in here who only charge on 110v & apparently do just fine. Depends on your use & whether you have time of day billing on your electric bill too.