Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging calculator or Chat GPT? :D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use TeslaFi.com to capture all of the data, load it into Stata, a quantitative analysis program, and run a regression model taking into account any variables that I think may impact range and/or battery performance degradation. If you are not into regression modeling, TeslaFi.com will present the data on your Tesla in easily consumable graphs.

Artemus.

Is the Q w/r/t planning charging on a road trip? If so...

My favorite 3d party tool is A Better Route Planner ("ABRP"). You can connect your Tesla account to get live wh/mi and battery state of charge. Honestly though the in-car route planner is really accurate; a recent software update lets the car calculate wind impact in addition to factors like elevation, wh/mi, etc. I've done multiple road trips between Houston and Chicago and both the in-car route planner and ABRP were pretty much spot on with predictions.

Perhaps the only upside with ABRP is that it displays the correct battery % you need to charge to at a Supercharger before continuing on your trip; the in car route planner underestimates range while you're plugged in. So the in-car route planner will tell you to stay at the Supercharger for a few more minutes before leaving even though its not strictly necessary. I find that in-car route planner targets approx. 20% SOC arrival at the next Supercharger; I prefer to arrive closer to 10% SOC to ride the 250 kW part of the charging curve as much as possible.

Reactions: Artemus