Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charging equipment not ready"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this same issue - "charging equipment not ready"

The car was connected for ~7 days at the airport location and had charged to the set level of ~82% - when we got to the car, it was ~70% and saw on the power unit 'fault', tired the next unit with the same results.

Got home plugged in as normal with the Mobile Connector - same issue - "charging equipment not ready" Light is Blue and left it overnight to see if it will work - no luck -

Side note this was before the update to 2021.44.25.2 -- which was done once we got home.
Quick update - I was able to get to the SuperCharge location and the car was able to charge at the Tesla SuperCharger. I was told this is an issue with AC vs DC charging unit. This has to be taken to a Service Center.

Also - Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla didn't give any help :(

Not your fault. Blame engineers for coming up with an uncatchy name like EVSE. Tesla uses "Connector".

If you write charger, it's fine, especially now that you know and can use it to troll pedants. Everybody understands what you mean.
It not a question of being pedantic, it is a question of *using the right name for what you are talking about*! This whole EV thing is confusing enough with out being lazy and/or ignorant by adding yet another source of confusion!! Charger - charge-point. It isn't rocket-science!

• Disagree
Reactions: OttoR
A customer report the same error message ("Charging equipment not ready - See equipment instructions to start charging") with their new Tesla M3 having replaced the original (LEAF) Type 1 cable set on a tethered Podpoint with a new Type 2 one (32A). He has found that reducing the charge current (via the Tesla's touch screen) eliminates the issue...

• Informative
Reactions: tdeno