Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Error Alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still getting these errors, still on the holiday update and the service center says it'll be fixed in a future update. @Malaromane Post here if your visit yields anything different.
After a bit of back and forth with my local service guys (via the mobile app), I have been told the same thing as reported by others and my service appointment was canceled. Their exact message was:
...[T]hese are false alerts that are being presented by a known characteristic of your current firmware version. They can safely be ignored unless you are experiencing an issue with the vehicle being able to charge.
As someone who tests software for a living, I found the replacement of "bug" with "known characteristic of your current firmware" somewhat amusing.

I get the error messages being logged in the notifications tab almost continuously but in my case the error code is PCS_a022 rather than PCS_a023. In my case, the vehicle is not plugged in and also charges properly when I connect it to either a Supercharger or a Level 2 charger. I've requested a service appointment at my local Tesla service centre. I'll report back anything that they find or tell me.
I'm having the exact same symptoms. It alerts continuously every 15min. I'm not sure when it started since it wouldn't appear on my screen directly, but only in the alerts panel. My appointment is in 2 weeks.

Firmware version 2024.2.7

I have the same issue with pcs_a022 and service told me the same thing (also charged me $300 to diagnose it but after complaining they refunded the amount)

However at the moment with the errors, I’m also experiencing more than usual battery drain when parked which is mildly concerning. It’s been an average 5% battery drain overnight (no charging at home) and the car’s HV connectors keep clicking to close every 5 minutes

I guess also have to wait for a fix >.>

I have the same issue with pcs_a022 and service told me the same thing (also charged me $300 to diagnose it but after complaining they refunded the amount)

However at the moment with the errors, I’m also experiencing more than usual battery drain when parked which is mildly concerning. It’s been an average 5% battery drain overnight (no charging at home) and the car’s HV connectors keep clicking to close every 5 minutes

I guess also have to wait for a fix >.>
Got exactly the same. 2022 mY, parked fro a while in garage. For the few last days I've noticed about 5%/24hrs drain and came to check. Overall everything was as usual fine and I even didn't notice contractor clicks. But in service menu there are a lot of PCS_a022 errors and the car definitely not sleeping anymore.

I am also noticing a large battery drain when the vehicle should be in standby. I opened another service request a few weeks ago and the techs had me go through the process of resetting my account password and access token and said to give it a week or so to see if the situation improved. It did not. I have submitted yet another service request but I suspect that the issue isn't going to get fixed.

I was also getting some strange errors for awhile when charging. Starting and stopping and restarting, not always charged fully for preconditioning time. Turned out I turned off the SSID wifi connection on my router that I had the wall charger connected to. Turned it back on in my routers app, wall charger connected - everything is back to normal. Not sure if this will help others, but it was a nice easy fix and has been fine for over a month or two now.

I had my Tesla Service appointment and the tech informed me that there is currently an investigation linking the power drain and vehicle not properly entering sleep mode with vehicles that have the Tesla Power Trunk retrofit kit installed (which mine does). He then offered to "disconnect a couple of wires" from the retrofit kit which would result in not being able to operate the power trunk via the mobile app and not being able to close the power trunk by touching the in-car display panel. This would supposedly cure my phantom drain issue and the wire could be reconnected when/if a firmware fix was found and rolled out.

This would render the power trunk kit more or less useless so, at least for now, I've opted to live with the added battery drain even though it's incredibly annoying.