Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging EV in Greece - Advice please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in contact with Tesla again.
They said the Model S (and X I suppose) that came from Baltimore to Zeebrugge are "stuck" waiting to be loaded in a ship for Greece.
At the moment they don't know when will they be loaded and shipped... I guess I'll wave goodbye to September as well, after failed June delivery, then failed July and then failed August.

• Informative
Reactions: petit_bateau
Have you tried actually using the Shell forecourt chargers in Greece ?

Did it work with the same Shell charger app as in the rest of Europe ?

The reason Iask is that the Shell branded forecourts in Greece are not actually owned by Shell at all. They are owned by Motor Oil (Hellas) Corinth Refineries A.E and the sale included a branding arrangement and SLA etc. This happened back in about 2010 from memory and so I am interested in how well the EV charger side of it has been integrated.

(not yet ... but one day .... Shell might be part of the Macedonia gap solution)

(the link below gives all of Europe and you can filter down to CCS etc)

Unfortunately no, we didn't have a chance to try them. We were on a tight schedule to and from the Amoulliani ferry.
I did top up the diesel at a Shell station a few years ago at the time of the Eurozone crisis and fwiw that diesel worked the same as Euro Shell at the time :)
I noticed on the motorway near the Skopje exit a (northbound) Makpetrol with an EV charger on the advertising board. There's a bridge for southbound traffic. Plugshare has it as coming soon and if it's like the Gevgelija Makpetrol, it would solve the Macedonian gap for all models.

The good news is that although Thessaloniki didn't win in the Q2/Q3 round of supercharging voting, it secured enough votes that Tesla finally re-recognised the demand for one. The bad news is that it's scheduled for 2025 :(
It looks like Skopje is going through a similar process. It did well in the Q4 round of voting but didn't secure enough votes to warrant an SUC location. This time around it's performing better and is in the top 5 within striking distance of 2nd place. An SUC in Skopje would close the last gap between Serbia and northern Greece and allow for uninterrupted supercharging all the way to Athens.
So if anyone thinks they might ever want to do a proper road trip to sunnier climes, please log on and give Skopje a tick.