Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Provincetown, the dangers explained

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RDoc

2021 Prerefresh Model S
We were recently in Provincetown, and as always I was asking about future prospects for EV charging, this time at the Duarte Motors lot where we normally park. The guy who seemed to be in charge explained to me with some delight exactly why they would never install EV charging at the lot. Here's the explanation:

There would have to be a high voltage line on it's own pole put into the lot to support the chargers. In the event someone hit the pole, or there were a storm that knocked it down, the high voltage would fry everyone in or near the lot, so obviously it's much too dangerous.

So there you have it, a well thought out reason for not installing EV charging at public parking lots.

There would have to be a high voltage line on it's own pole put into the lot to support the chargers. In the event someone hit the pole, or there were a storm that knocked it down, the high voltage would fry everyone in or near the lot, so obviously it's much too dangerous.

So there you have it, a well thought out reason for not installing EV charging at public parking lots.

Where do people get these ideas???

Well, I guess electricity is much too dangerous, we should all go back to oil lamps :)
That exact same argument applies to telephone poles in residential neighborhoods as well, so I guess they need to remove all of those dangerous poles and high voltage lines. The excuses are getting very creative these days. Of course we all know how much safer gasoline is, nothing can go wrong with that safe fuel :) you should mention all if the gasoline cars fuel tanks are 100 times more dangerous, therefore they should ban all gasoline cars from the parking lot, each one is a mini bomb, ready to explode at any time :) in addition, in the event of a flood, the gasoline in the tanks could escape and cause a big pollution problem, therefore gasoline cars absolutely must be banned, using the same public safety hazard arguments