Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Installation Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pulled the trigger on a M3 LR and was surprised the charging units weren't an option. It took me all day to finalize a purchase on the store site. Must've been overwhelmed by the amount of orders lately but even the rep that called me had problems. It was wierd to see charging units sold with the T-shirts and floor mats. Maybe Elon can fix that for the rest of the throngs sure to be buying up Tesla's. It only took me 1/2 hr. to order the car. It took me all day to secure a charger....

I just pulled the trigger on a M3 LR and was surprised the charging units weren't an option. It took me all day to finalize a purchase on the store site. Must've been overwhelmed by the amount of orders lately but even the rep that called me had problems. It was wierd to see charging units sold with the T-shirts and floor mats. Maybe Elon can fix that for the rest of the throngs sure to be buying up Tesla's. It only took me 1/2 hr. to order the car. It took me all day to secure a charger....

Not sure what are you taking about, the car comes with everything you need to charge it.

Not sure what are you taking about, the car comes with everything you need to charge it.

The wall connector is nice to have but yes the UMC the comes with the car is all that is really needed.

They used to do that in the early days. For whatever reason (perhaps warranty) they stopped. It's not all that unusual. In fact I can't think of another EV that offers a real EVSE as a purchase option. You generally have to buy them from a third party, in fact.

Since I have the solar panels, I want to charge during the day on 220 v. Energy used more efficiently that method and quicker charge. This is the first car I bought without seeing it and driving it first. Tomorrow we will get to test drive a 3 in Oceanside and meet our sales rep. I spent months reading the comments here and found people were really helpful with their own experiences. The community of Tesla lovers are awesome, full of great info and pretty funny too. Thanks for the input and I'll keep y'all updated on my journey

it would be great to have charging abilities at work... however, I wouldn't trade my home charger for anything. I know I can plug it in when I get home... automatically start charging at midnight and by the time I'm ready to leave My Model 3 is completely charged. My home charger as completely cured of blues.