Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Interrupted, Car Won't Start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I had configured, while awaiting delivery of my M3, there was an item on my Tesla account page referring to a lemon law process. I never looked at it. After my M3 was delivered, it was no longer there. Might be worth looking into.

By the way, my M3 (VIN 32XXX) appears perfect.

This just happened to my car last night. There was a loud hum (buzz?) coming from the front of the car when I decided to check on the car. "Cannot maintain vehicle power - Car may stop driving or shut down." It was in the garage charging, but it wouldn't let me disengage the charger, change gears, or engage tow mode. Car has about 410 miles and a week from delivery. VIN is 31XXX.
Once I used the emergency disengage for the charger, the 12V battery died quick.
They had to tow her away. It's at the service center right now.

This just happened to my car last night. There was a loud hum (buzz?) coming from the front of the car when I decided to check on the car. "Cannot maintain vehicle power - Car may stop driving or shut down." It was in the garage charging, but it wouldn't let me disengage the charger, change gears, or engage tow mode. Car has about 410 miles and a week from delivery. VIN is 31XXX.
Once I used the emergency disengage for the charger, the 12V battery died quick.
How do you emergency disengage the charger?

Hey, let me know how it goes. Mine had the hum/buzz too and all the same issues you experienced, although I can't speak to whether my 12v died. Mine arrived at shop yesterday at noon and no word yet on the repair. They were booked up yesterday and short staffed so I hope to hear something. Let me know if you get a diagnosis and/or can share with me which shop yours is at so if its complex the repair guys can compare notes.

What sort of charging system are you using?