Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Issue - Needs Help Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am using a Tesla Model S P85 since last three years in Sri Lanka. Al this time I charged the car at home with a

chargemaster Wall Charger which was supplied with the car. For some reason the Wall Charger Unit malfunctioned and

now I am trying to charge with many Single phase mobile chargers from other Tesla users and nothing seems to be working.

Please advise what I should do as we don’t have service centers or agents for Tesla in Sri Lanka.

Your support & guidance In rectifying this issue would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nishan Wasalathanthri

If you have used mobile chargers from other Tesla owners and "nothing seems to be working", then the Wall Charger is almost certainly not the problem, but rather there is something wrong with the car.

When you plug in one of the borrowed chargers does your charge port light up? White or blue, then green or red? If the port LEDs do not light up then the first guess would be some problem with the port itself. Of course, it could be a something further down the line, like your on-board charging unit. The fuses inside the on-board charger sometimes blow. They are replaceable but the charging unit has to be opened up (a non-trivial job!). Just a couple of suggestions/speculations. Good luck.