Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, does anyone know how to fix this issue on a 2016 model s: trying to charge it and get a yellow message on dash saying 'charging disabled when using manual release, close charge port door and retry'.
I tried that, wasn't successful on a number of goes, restarted and drove a little and retried again, same issue, still happening again this am with a different charger unit. Have tried releasing from the touch pad and no luck, any ideas?

Hi, does anyone know how to fix this issue on a 2016 model s: trying to charge it and get a yellow message on dash saying 'charging disabled when using manual release, close charge port door and retry'.
I tried that, wasn't successful on a number of goes, restarted and drove a little and retried again, same issue, still happening again this am with a different charger unit. Have tried releasing from the touch pad and no luck, any ideas?
I had a similar in not the same issue yesterday. I had failed to connect the charger for the overnight charge and when I tried with the app in the morning it gave me similar messages. I went to the local service center where they were able to search for my problem and did not get a definitive response. I went to the local supercharger and charged successfully. I charged at home overnight normally.
I still do not understand but it is a serious concern.

Nothing like reviving a year old thread! Anyway, I got the same message on my 2015 MS. First road trip I took in it. Drive about 200 miles, supercharged it back to 90% and drive home. Had about 15% left when I got home, tried to plug with the standard 110 charger and got the same message. The charge light was solid red and would turn blue when I inserted the home charger and would not charge. Went to a supercharger by home and it started working with no issues. Charged up a bit, went home, and the 110 charger was working again and the screen message disappeared. Weird and a bit scary, but all is well…for now.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP