Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging overshot(?) last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always charge to 80% which is around 251 to 255 miles for me. This morning I get in the car and it shows 264 miles. Hmmm. It just came back from service center yesterday, so maybe they moved my setpoint? Nope. You can clearly see the charge line is well below the green fill display. I even switched my display to confirm. It was 84%! This was the first charge on 2019. 16.3.2. Anyone else seen this?

IMG_20190604_055115.jpg
IMG_20190604_055145.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
happened to me last week on my S when i came back from vegas and had set to charge to 95 during the trip but then back to 90 when i got home. overshot to 96% (?) on first home charge despite it definitely being set lower. this was on 16.2. hasn't done it since except for one 91.

what can i say tesla software has always been buggy.

Happened to me several times, especially after a firmware load. Fixed by s reboot. Which is why I now reboot first thing after a firmware load. Just the normal scroll wheels reboot.

Somehow the software is hung and isn’t listening as you get to your set point for ‘full’. It wakes up later and goes ‘oops, I’m late’, and shuts it off.