Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging percentage increased after driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I drove my Model 3 from 77% to 75% SOC, but after 30 minutes of being parked, the SOC is now showing 78%. Does anyone know what would cause this or is it due to a software update? I recently installed the latest one.

Interesting, I recently changed my charge level to 65% and each morning both car and Teslafi say charged to 65% but the moment it wakes it’s at 60% then after 1 hr drive to work and a sleep for the 8 hrs it regained 3-4 % where previously charging to 85% would be no change on waking regardless of temperature and no gain while parked.

Regenerative braking can have something to do with this too. I often drive a route that is downhill for about 12 miles. At the end, I always have more miles in my SOC than at the beginning. Of course, on the return trip that gain in SOC is more than eliminated

Regenerative braking can have something to do with this too. I often drive a route that is downhill for about 12 miles. At the end, I always have more miles in my SOC than at the beginning. Of course, on the return trip that gain in SOC is more than eliminated
No route hasn’t changed in 1 year only %of charge but it’s the loss after charging that’s strange then the recovery of some