Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging problem with new Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having this problem- will charge for 5-10 min on my 240v-50amp breaker. Then will hear a click sound from my charging pigtail. Goes from flowing green pattern to solid green. Connected it to 120v outlet and worked for 17 hrs charging. Electrician came back and checked his work and that’s good 120-120-240vView attachment 494258 View attachment 494259 . Seems like it goes to sleep and won’t charge when it does idk...

That is an odd one!

Are there any errors on the display screen in the car? Can you stop and start charging from the app or from the car display?

Your voltage looks fine...

This feels like something defective or a software bug. Time to call Tesla. They may be able to debug it remotely.

You may be able to find another local Tesla owner and try their UMC to isolate the issue to your UMC or your car or your circuit.

I have not heard of this issue before. It could be a defective contactor in your UMC maybe...

Please report back on what you find!

1AC7C24D-A2C3-4B8F-9860-D22788C9C735.jpeg
That is an odd one!

Are there any errors on the display screen in the car? Can you stop and start charging from the app or from the car display?

Your voltage looks fine...

This feels like something defective or a software bug. Time to call Tesla. They may be able to debug it remotely.

You may be able to find another local Tesla owner and try their UMC to isolate the issue to your UMC or your car or your circuit.

I have not heard of this issue before. It could be a defective contactor in your UMC maybe...

Please report back on what you find!
I will- I had this message on my screen. Unable to charge- check power source.

just got to work and we have a 200v charger- charging at 30amps/6 kw just fine. Go figure lol

Reactions: eprosenx
View attachment 494384
I will- I had this message on my screen. Unable to charge- check power source.

just got to work and we have a 200v charger- charging at 30amps/6 kw just fine. Go figure lol

Yeah, this feels like a defective Mobile Connector.

I would see if I could borrow a friends Mobile Connector to test at your house, or, I would just make it Tesla’s problem. :)

Reactions: Rocky_H