Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging rate in NJ

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Here's what the Tesla Supercharging page says for NJ:

$0.24 per minute above 60 kW
$0.12 per minute at or below 60 kW

NJ is one of the states that Tesla has to charge by the minute instead of kW.

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
I may be an idiot but I still have no idea how this equates to the cost of an actual charge.
It depends on the size of your battery pack and how much you need to charge. On your P100D if you arrived at 0 at charged to 50% you'd spend roughly $6 and spend half an hour. Going from 50% to 90% would be another half an hour and cost another $6. Going from 90-100% would be another half an hour and cost $3. Total from 0-100% would be roughly $15 and take an hour and a half.

That's all rough estimates based on the tapering curve as your battery gets full assuming the temperatures are all good and you aren't sharing a charger.

• Helpful
Reactions: Insight75

Insight75

May 7, 2017
Mount Olive, New Jersey
It depends on the size of your battery pack and how much you need to charge. On your P100D if you arrived at 0 at charged to 50% you'd spend roughly $6 and spend half an hour. Going from 50% to 90% would be another half an hour and cost another $6. Going from 90-100% would be another half an hour and cost $3. Total from 0-100% would be roughly $15 and take an hour and a half.

That's all rough estimates based on the tapering curve as your battery gets full assuming the temperatures are all good and you aren't sharing a charger.

This is very helpful actually! Thank you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC