Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging starts/stops every ~13 minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using a Juicebox Pro 40 for nearly 2 years no problem. Just recently, once it hits the charging limit (70-75%) it will then start charging for maybe 30 seconds right at every 13 minutes. If I lower the charge limit to make the state of charge over the limit, then it stops the start/stop behavior. Tesla wants to blame the charger, but I thought the car has to ask for charging to start. Any ideas on the cause?

No.
Question.
Do you have scheduled charging turned on, or are you charging manually?

Dial down the amp your are charging at on the touchscreen. Maybe it will help.

Tesla's not going to offer anything for ideas around the problem if it doesn't include only Tesla equipment.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. "The included mobile charger does not seem to do it". Do what?
Does not have the problem?

If you are charging manually, the car is not going to "ask for charging" on the UMC unless its on scheduled charging.

Mine has been doing a similar thing ever since update 2020.16

It will charge to the set limit and go to sleep. 10 minutes after it goes to sleep it wakes up and tops off. It does this until 3:00 AM central.

Lowering the charge limit after it hits it prevents this behavior. Really annoying.

Using Tesla gen 2 HPWC. No change in charging habits. This started the first time I charged after that update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-234708_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-234708_Chrome.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 104