Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stops charging after update to 2023.44.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2023.44.1 last night, and started charging to 100% this morning for a trip.
Every 15 minutes or so it stops charging and just sits there. Starts again when I hit "start charging".

Anybody else experiencing this?

You may see some codes under the alert icon that may point you in the correct direction. Are you using any third party apps with your car? I ran into a similar issue with my car (although not nearly as often) where it just would stop charging at night. After working with Tesla techs, we confirmed the issue was coming from my watch for Tesla app. Although it was not set to do so, it was sending the car signals to stop charging at 60% randomly. And there were constant charging alerts in the car (whether or not it was charging). I had been using the app for years and it just recently became an issue. I thought they were yanking my chain, but sure enough, as soon as I signed out of the app, all of the alerts and charging issues stopped.

After every software update I make sure to reboot my MYLR, not sure if this is a good or bad practice, but got this habit from restarting my computer after every software upgrade even it is small upgrade ;)
I've never really understood what this achieves, given the car reboots itself at the end of the update process anyway. Not disagreeing with people's experience that a two button reset after an update can help - I just don't understand how or why.