Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Me Out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you get the bumper lip!? I’ve been looking for one!
The front lip? Got it at RPM Tesla ($395 for the matte carbon fiber version). It’s only available for local pickup though. They do offer free installation. Honestly the fit is not perfect. The sides were lifting up a bit so I had to get 3M tape to reattach it. Hopefully it holds. There are a couple sellers on ebay who sell a similar lip but only RPM had it in matte.

The front lip? Got it at RPM Tesla ($395 for the matte carbon fiber version). It’s only available for local pickup though. They do offer free installation. Honestly the fit is not perfect. The sides were lifting up a bit so I had to get 3M tape to reattach it. Hopefully it holds. There are a couple sellers on ebay who sell a similar lip but only RPM had it in matte.

I’m in SF, I’ve asked them multiple times if they’ll ship it with no liability to them if it gets damaged, they won’t do it :/

I’m in SF, I’ve asked them multiple times if they’ll ship it with no liability to them if it gets damaged, they won’t do it :/
I think even if you get it shipped from RPM it will come out to around the same price as the ones on ebay for $580. From what I can see, it's the same lip essentially. When RPM first offered the lip, they stated shipping would cost around $150 or so. But for whatever reason they opted not to ship it anymore.

Yes sir. I was looking for a nice spot to take pictures but it was kinda crowded all the way up top by the cross so I had to settle for the spot in the pictures. Do you have any recommendations of nice photoshoot spots in SD?

There’s so many good places..try Torrey Pines State Beach, it’s right on the water. Lots of good beach spots. Yours are taken at Cabrillo right?

Yes sir. I was looking for a nice spot to take pictures but it was kinda crowded all the way up top by the cross so I had to settle for the spot in the pictures. Do you have any recommendations of nice photoshoot spots in SD?

Car looks good!
I need to find a spot. And someone with a better camera than my phone. lol. Maybe we can get a few of us together in various places in the county for a shoot?

There’s so many good places..try Torrey Pines State Beach, it’s right on the water. Lots of good beach spots. Yours are taken at Cabrillo right?
No it's called Mount Soledad Memorial in La Jolla. I was going to try Cabrillo but I don't think you can see anything from the parking area. I'll check out Torrey Pines. Haven't been there for a while.

No it's called Mount Soledad Memorial in La Jolla. I was going to try Cabrillo but I don't think you can see anything from the parking area. I'll check out Torrey Pines. Haven't been there for a while.
Maybe not from the parking area, but on the way in there might be a few spots to stop and snap a photo. I'll scope it out since that's right up the street from me. Would just need to be mindful of the runners and bikers...

Looks nice, but I must ask how that vinyl will hold up in the sun and heat over time? Bubbles? What happens to the paint underneath? When you peel that stuff off in five years, what awaits? Just asking as I never wrapped a whole car before - just clear protective film here. How much did that job set you back?

Looks nice, but I must ask how that vinyl will hold up in the sun and heat over time? Bubbles? What happens to the paint underneath? When you peel that stuff off in five years, what awaits? Just asking as I never wrapped a whole car before - just clear protective film here. How much did that job set you back?
Can’t really speak to how the wrap will hold up long term since I just got it in February. From what I hear the wrap will last 3-5 years on average. It should remove cleanly without damaging the paint. It cost me $1800. The wrap job was decent for the price but if I had to do it again I would’ve paid a little more for a more reputable place to do it. Most places charge $2500-$4000.

Also I’m disappointed in how easily little nicks and dings appear. It’s even worse that it was originally white paint underneath so the marks are more visible vs a darker color car. I should’ve bought a black car lol.

Reactions: mswlogo
Can’t really speak to how the wrap will hold up long term since I just got it in February. From what I hear the wrap will last 3-5 years on average. It should remove cleanly without damaging the paint. It cost me $1800. The wrap job was decent for the price but if I had to do it again I would’ve paid a little more for a more reputable place to do it. Most places charge $2500-$4000.

Also I’m disappointed in how easily little nicks and dings appear. It’s even worse that it was originally white paint underneath so the marks are more visible vs a darker color car. I should’ve bought a black car lol.

Thank you for your honesty and details. I just didn’t have any idea - all new to me. I suspect you are getting more dings than you expected because the installer stretched it more than perhaps a professional would have. Net result is a thinner skin, but I’m just speculating. I did see this on a clear bra installation once - same product, different installers and different results, re longevity. All the best. Your car looks great!

Thank you for your honesty and details. I just didn’t have any idea - all new to me. I suspect you are getting more dings than you expected because the installer stretched it more than perhaps a professional would have. Net result is a thinner skin, but I’m just speculating. I did see this on a clear bra installation once - same product, different installers and different results, re longevity. All the best. Your car looks great!
Thanks! I was told the same thing regarding the wrap being too thin by the tint shop I went to get my windows done. Honestly though the marks are relatively tiny. I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t white underneath.