Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chips Away for minor repair on multicoat red?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quoted £195. Doesn’t seem unreasonable. Booked for 17th November
Very impressed with our Revive! chap. Quoted/charged £185 (much less than the excess of our salary sacrifice insurance); literally cannot see the repair.

They subsequently told us about their scratch and dent insurance (and I asked their underwriters to confirm a leased car would be covered, which they did). I think it's £400 for 3 years, and you can make three claims every year. We thought that a bit of a bargain (though we haven't had to make a claim yet).

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you.

Was washing mine last Friday and found someone has clipped the corner of the bumper and torn the white paint off down to the black plastic it’s about 3mm by 40mm. Must only have happened in the work car park as Sentry is on everywhere else.

Anyone have experience of Revive or Chips Away in the Bedford area?

Thanks

Very impressed with our Revive! chap. Quoted/charged £185 (much less than the excess of our salary sacrifice insurance); literally cannot see the repair.

They subsequently told us about their scratch and dent insurance (and I asked their underwriters to confirm a leased car would be covered, which they did). I think it's £400 for 3 years, and you can make three claims every year. We thought that a bit of a bargain (though we haven't had to make a claim yet).

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you.
Bit miffed. It’s being repaired on 17th November.
While I was hoovering the house yesterday I missed two calls from the Revive guy who was trying to see if he could come straight out and repair it yesterday!

Trying not to thread necro here, but has anyone had repairs done where they’ve had a ceramic coat? Wish I’d gone for PPF on the front but here we are; I have a couple of noticeable chips on the bonnet but wondering if the ceramic will cause issues.

Trying not to thread necro here, but has anyone had repairs done where they’ve had a ceramic coat? Wish I’d gone for PPF on the front but here we are; I have a couple of noticeable chips on the bonnet but wondering if the ceramic will cause issues.

Yep, absolutely no issues whatsoever. The ceramic coat is easily removed when they prepare the surface.

I'd had smart repairs on many cars with a ceramic coating. Obviously you loose the coating on that repaired area.

Can be reapplied separately.

Yep, absolutely no issues whatsoever. The ceramic coat is easily removed when they prepare the surface.

I'd had smart repairs on many cars with a ceramic coating. Obviously you loose the coating on that repaired area.

Can be reapplied separately.
Likewise.

Smart repairer did a brilliant job on mine.
4754CE4B-52C0-47C7-B244-519F0DE29974_1_105_c.jpeg
F9D8B742-ABE1-4BAC-9AA4-6F84F7B620FF_1_105_c.jpeg
FD53FC32-E707-4242-AFD7-454BFF683087_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited: