Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Add Thread for 2021 M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is for us, old people, :) that finds black trims and dark wheels just hideous & childish, and rather loves chromes.

First, it would be necessary to find the best way to have back the chrome delete on windows and cameras on the 2021 model, please submit your suggestions & wrap best options, hoping to have soon companies offering a chrome add precut kit.

Second, let's see not-photoshopped pics of the new aero 18" to understand if they are more silverish as it does appears from the configurator. For sure, they are easier to paint silver than the old ones.

Third, the chrome moulding on the trunk, a bit pricey on Evannex, it should be cheaper options, if you found any other please submit:

chrometrunkmoldingmodel3_grande.jpg

Fourth, the rear bumper accent:

s-l300.jpg

It should be also a bar for the rear bumper that connect the reflectors but i can't find it now.

Any suggestion and links are appreciated.

Last edited:
Yah. Happy we have the chrome on our blue 3. We switch out cars every four or five years. If we got another model 3 we would prefer it with chrome as well.

Yep. Looked at a 3 with that chrome piece from EV Annex. It looks nice but pricey and they won’t ship to Canada via post so additional brokerage charges as well.

If it shows up on Amazon we would get it.

Cheers.

I'm sure people would be happy to swap - I know I would - but something tells me that my satin-black 3M chrome delete might actually have a more appealing texture than whatever the OEM black is now. Just speculation - I need to see it in-person.

The problem w/ that approach is that the little back window trim isn't removable w/o taking out the entire glass, as far as I know, so you wouldn't be able to do a complete swap w/o the nightmare of dealing with urethanes and whatnot.

I'm sure people would be happy to swap - I know I would -

The problem w/ that approach is that the little back window trim isn't removable w/o taking out the entire glass, as far as I know, so you wouldn't be able to do a complete swap w/o the nightmare of dealing with urethanes and whatnot.

Are you saying that the window trim is easely removable (apart the little triangle in the back)? Very interesting, thanks for mentioning. As soon as i get the car, for the rear little trim i could ask the body shop.

Reactions: drdumont
Are you saying that the window trim is easely removable (apart the little triangle in the back)? Very interesting, thanks for mentioning. As soon as i get the car, for the rear little trim i could ask the body shop.
That's what I'm saying - I haven't watched that video but I imagine he's explaining what I know, which is that removing the trim is a joke (mirror is probably a bit more involved). It's the little window in the back that would be a pain in the ass.

Reactions: EV Promoter
That's what I'm saying - I haven't watched that video but I imagine he's explaining what I know, which is that removing the trim is a joke (mirror is probably a bit more involved). It's the little window in the back that would be a pain in the ass.
I've checked on the EPC, the little glass windows comes complete, fitted with the trim, probably will be easier to change the entire glass.

I'm also trying to understand the price of all the trim pieces, probably the easiest thing is to buy all of them, changing it, and then put the whole black set for sale. Swapping will be very difficult, you should keep the car stopped in a garage for the time of shipment and replacing...

PS: the video is excellent in explaining the details, but they leave the small window in place.

Last edited:
I've checked on the EPC, the little windows comes complete fitted with the trim, probably will be easier to change the entire glass.

I'm also trying to understand the price of all the trim pieces, probably the easiest thing is to buy all of them, changing it, and then put the whole black set for sale. Swapping will be very difficult, you should keep the car stopped in a garage for the time of shipment and replacing...
Yeah that's what I was referring to - that's why it's especially infuriating when assholes break into that window.

For a swap it'd probably be best to find someone local. Otherwise yeah, major pain.

Chrome “coloured” trim actually has chrome in it.

going without chrome trim makes the car more environmentally friendly because we aren’t mining for the lovely reflective material. Thus, lowering the carbon output from the manufacturing of the car.

All that being said, I like my chrome around the windows on my 3, looks classy. However, I really could care less if it were there or not.

Wouldn't mind a trip over there. Haven't been to the Zoo or Spreckels in ages!

Probly awhile before I pull the trigger on the upgrade, was pulling your chain.

But the imagined visual of two cars side by side, two guys armed with spudgers... "here's mine, gimme yours"...

Kinda funny...

• Funny
Reactions: hydro 481
Wouldn't mind a trip over there. Haven't been to the Zoo or Spreckels in ages!

Probly awhile before I pull the trigger on the upgrade, was pulling your chain.

But the imagined visual of two cars side by side, two guys armed with spudgers... "here's mine, gimme yours"...

Kinda funny...
We can just meet in the middle somewhere, like Arizona. I've never been to the Grand Canyon. I mean, what better place to swap out car parts than the Grand Canyon??

• Funny