Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Add

Add Chrome to Model Y

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On dark color cars I like the contrast. For some reason the chrome delete looks better on the 3 than the Y for me. I'll be attempting to "chrome add" the trim for a Black Y for a nice contrast.

I was a fan of the all black look, 10 years ago. Now I think some chrome on a car this size adds some contrast. I am definately in the minority on this.

On dark color cars I like the contrast. For some reason the chrome delete looks better on the 3 than the Y for me. I'll be attempting to "chrome add" the trim for a Black Y for a nice contrast.

I was a fan of the all black look, 10 years ago. Now I think some chrome on a car this size adds some contrast. I am definately in the minority on this.
How are you planning to do 'Chrome add' ? Is it DIY ? any pointers appreciated !

How are you planning to do 'Chrome add' ? Is it DIY ? any pointers appreciated !

I purchased chrome look vinyl and will be wrapping the black trim. Some parts of the black trim is pretty easy to wrap, and I actually plan on removing the trim pieces for a cleaner looking wrap. There are some YouTube videos out there that helps explain how to remove the trim (I'll find them and post). The mirrors will be the most challenging as a DIY.

I'll likely tackle this project within the next week and share the results. If it looks terrible, no problem, I'll just rip it back off.

Reactions: RocDeef
I purchased chrome look vinyl and will be wrapping the black trim. Some parts of the black trim is pretty easy to wrap, and I actually plan on removing the trim pieces for a cleaner looking wrap. There are some YouTube videos out there that helps explain how to remove the trim (I'll find them and post). The mirrors will be the most challenging as a DIY.

I'll likely tackle this project within the next week and share the results. If it looks terrible, no problem, I'll just rip it back off.
Awesome !! looking forward to your results