Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete but silver wheels stay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im thinking about tinting widows dark and chrome deleting on my Model S 2015
However, I like the look of the silver wheels as it pops and shows a nice contrast to my midnight silver car.
Any pictures someone might have of this set up or would it look odd?
Not a fan of so much chrome but definitely don’t like the dark wheels as they just look dirty to me.
Odd question maybe but wanted to maybe get ideas on what I could work with for the car

Reactions: J.J.
I found that if you find a good powder-coating company for wheels, you can spend under $600.00 and have all four done in a high gloss finish...however not chrome but in black. I have found that many light silver to dark silver cars look very good with black wheels. The Tesla wheels are already cool enough that you don't need to do anything but treat them in the color you prefer. Again I wouldn't go chrome unless your window surrounds and pillars were finished in chrome.

I'm not promoting but I will say that the Tire Rack web site has a section under "Wheels" where you can choose your car and then see how different color and style of wheels would look on it. Here is a sample of a 2015 Tesla Model S with the dark silver color and black wheels.
Tesla Black.jpg

I'm not promoting but I will say that the Tire Rack web site has a section under "Wheels" where you can choose your car and then see how different color and style of wheels would look on it. Here is a sample of a 2015 Tesla Model S with the dark silver color and black wheels.View attachment 364827
There was an axis wheel with a machine finish that looked good.
What I really wanted was to chrome delete and dark tint on windows and keep my wheels silver as I really do like how the silver pops out.
I’m just not sure how that looks

However, I like the look of the silver wheels as it pops and shows a nice contrast to my midnight silver car.
Not a fan of so much chrome but definitely don’t like the dark wheels as they just look dirty to me.
Odd question maybe but wanted to maybe get ideas on what I could work with for the car

If you tint and do the chrome delete, you might consider powder coating the wheels a slightly darker shade so they still stand out. I'm not a fan of black wheels either. I think they look "dirty" and you lose the details/lines of the wheels.

Reactions: J.J.
It all depends on the company that powder coats the wheels. We had a Roadster done in high gloss black and they look real clean. I think there are several amateurs who buy spray paint at AutoZone and end up with a flat black finish which definitely makes the wheels look dirty right after they are washed. You would be surprised how good wheels look when done by professionals.

Keeping the silver wheels with chrome delete will look fine/great. I have anthracite wheels, but that’s because I had a choice and wanted to try something different. My previous car (C-Class) was de-chromed/tinted and it looked great with silver wheels. Can post a pic if you’d like.
De-chroming is the best mod on a dark car IMO, regardless of wheel color.

Keeping the silver wheels with chrome delete will look fine/great. I have anthracite wheels, but that’s because I had a choice and wanted to try something different. My previous car (C-Class) was de-chromed/tinted and it looked great with silver wheels. Can post a pic if you’d like.
De-chroming is the best mod on a dark car IMO, regardless of wheel color.
Can you post a pic? Seems I can’t find any

Go for it! It will look fine if you don't like dark wheels...I've done it before. The question is are you do the work or someone else?

You can dip it or wrap it. I have done both and prefer wrap around the window trim. You could carbon fiber, you can do gloss, Satin, Matte...the options are endless!