Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete, Plastidip or wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plasti-DIp here. 3 cans worth to do back and sides. Fairly painless - make sure you rub down well with some proper alcohol to clean surface first.

2.34.jpeg

Attachments

• 2.34.jpeg
    2.34.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Didgie
Hi John - thanks for the video - how have your plasti dip held up the past 2 years?

Also - did you plasti dip your wheels too?

I have a good amount of spraying experience, and having watched this video, plasti-dip by far seems the most cost effective and reasonable option, with a high quality result possible. I’ve bought the stuff to do it this week as soon as I collect the car so I’ll update as and when.

It clearly goes on very evenly even with a fairly loose technique.

This does not look especially technical, compared to some tricky wrapping. Clean your surfaces, mask well, and pick a time when the car isn’t condensation-cold or in baking sun etc, and it looks great.

Even if you were to refresh this every year or two you’d be spending a fraction of the cost of vinyl wrap, we’re talking <£100 to do yourself with no parts removal, compared to >£600 for vinyl with the rear tail piece still needing paint or dismantling.