Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Class Presentation/Demonstration help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I did a search of the forums but could not locate what I was looking for. I have been asked to bring my car to the local tech college and give a presentation on how the S works. They are looking for visual demonstrations as well as some info on the inner workings and specs of the car, how it charges and etc. I am wondering if anyone else has done something similar to this and has any advice or spec sheets or a powerpoint or something along those lines. After I talk it will be open for questions so I just want to make sure I am brushed up on everything before I go so I can answer as best as possible. Thanks!

I got a PDF from the local service center with a bit of info. The most useful page was the horsepower and range breakdown. I plan to talk about the TCO equivalent to an ICE car, how the car is upgradeable over the air, and how it charges. Any other suggestions?

I gave a presentation a while ago in both my physics and economics class. One focusses more on the technicalities like how the AC motor works and the other focusses more on incentives in Germany. The latter would be less interesting for your target group I guess. Both share the same information about Teslas brief history, Model S as a car, interior, exterior, where the battery pack and the motors are located, advantages of the electric motor, supercharging, etc.
Also, there's info about Model X (at that time still prototype) and the Roadster.
I got a grade of 100/100 (american equivalent?) in both classes and it's a powerpoint document.

If you are interested, I would translate some stuff and upload the .pptx this evening (your afternoon).

I've attached some screenshots of an old version I found in my OneDrive account.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-31 um 09.19.10.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-31 um 09.19.42.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-31 um 09.19.50.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-31 um 09.20.00.png

I gave a presentation a while ago in both my physics and economics class. One focusses more on the technicalities like how the AC motor works and the other focusses more on incentives in Germany. The latter would be less interesting for your target group I guess. Both share the same information about Teslas brief history, Model S as a car, interior, exterior, where the battery pack and the motors are located, advantages of the electric motor, supercharging, etc.
Also, there's info about Model X (at that time still prototype) and the Roadster.
I got a grade of 100/100 (american equivalent?) in both classes and it's a powerpoint document.

If you are interested, I would translate some stuff and upload the .pptx this evening (your afternoon).

I've attached some screenshots of an old version I found in my OneDrive account.

View attachment 169395 View attachment 169396 View attachment 169397 View attachment 169398

Metalbird, this info looks fantastic. If you had the time I would really appreciate some of your info. Thank you very much!

Metalbird, this info looks fantastic. If you had the time I would really appreciate some of your info. Thank you very much!

No problem! When do you plan to bring your car to the college? I wanted to redo the presentation anyway for Model 3. That would mean I would do it this weekend or early next week with information from the event tonight.

No problem! When do you plan to bring your car to the college? I wanted to redo the presentation anyway for Model 3. That would mean I would do it this weekend or early next week with information from the event tonight.

I was going to include some M3 info also. I'm going to present Monday morning so if you don't have time I think I can gather enough info from other sources. If you have time then fantastic!