Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Was wondering if anyone who applied for CVAP in late August or early September have received approval. I just got the message that the car is ready for pick up, and Don’t want to delay. I applied aug 26 and already postponed delivery once. It seems average approval is 8 weeks and I’m right there next week. Delivery is between oct 20-22. Haven’t heard of any approvals for people who applied on august.

I applied a day after you and the only thing I’ve received was an email stating that my application is in the final stage. I’m wondering when everyone is placing their orders seeing is how delivery won’t be until late nov-dec. Should I order now or wait to get approval from CVAP?

I applied a day after you and the only thing I’ve received was an email stating that my application is in the final stage. I’m wondering when everyone is placing their orders seeing is how delivery won’t be until late nov-dec. Should I order now or wait to get approval from CVAP?

Did you ask for an update on your application when you got this email? Or did they just email you out of nowhere?

I see, thanks! I submitted my tax transcript for good measure and the last thing I heard was that they attached it to my application, but nothing else after that. Waiting sucks haha

When I initially applied I uploaded my tax transcripts as well. When they emailed me they asked for wage and income transcripts. If you haven’t already, I’d upload those documents just to be safe. When are you planing on ordering?

Hello all! Was wondering if anyone who applied for CVAP in late August or early September have received approval. I just got the message that the car is ready for pick up, and Don’t want to delay. I applied aug 26 and already postponed delivery once. It seems average approval is 8 weeks and I’m right there next week. Delivery is between oct 20-22. Haven’t heard of any approvals for people who applied on august.

Same boat as the others. Applied Aug 19th I'll hit exactly 9 weeks or waiting this coming Tues. Already delayed once until Oct 5th.

I applied on August 18th and I am still waiting. :confused:

I emailed earlier this week to make sure I was still "in the line" after their website glitch.

This was their response:

"Your application is pending review and based on the date it was submitted we should be getting to it soon."

Le sigh...:rolleyes: Hopefully approval will come soon.

When I initially applied I uploaded my tax transcripts as well. When they emailed me they asked for wage and income transcripts. If you haven’t already, I’d upload those documents just to be safe. When are you planing on ordering?

Yup! I submitted my W2 with my application and emailed my tax transcript separately. I ordered a week after I submitted my application and have already deferred delivery twice, unfortunately. Oh well...

So I didn't know you had to apply for the program that's a never-ending wait before you order the vehicle. It seems like they don't want to give us the grant. I ordered a refreshed model 3 sr+ yesterday and just applied for the grant. I'm pretty sure I'll get rejected because I ordered the model 3 before I even got the grant approved. Let's keep each other updated!

So I didn't know you had to apply for the program that's a never-ending wait before you order the vehicle. It seems like they don't want to give us the grant. I ordered a refreshed model 3 sr+ yesterday and just applied for the grant. I'm pretty sure I'll get rejected because I ordered the model 3 before I even got the grant approved. Let's keep each other updated!

The grant office doesn’t know you ordered the car before getting approved. Even if they did, that isn’t really grounds for rejection. For all they know, you could be using the grant for a different electric vehicle purchase.

All that matters is that you don’t take delivery before getting approval. Otherwise, you’d probably still get approved as long as you fit the criteria, you just won’t be able to use the grant because you already took delivery.

The grant office doesn’t know you ordered the car before getting approved. Even if they did, that isn’t really grounds for rejection. For all they know, you could be using the grant for a different electric vehicle purchase.

All that matters is that you don’t take delivery before getting approval. Otherwise, you’d probably still get approved as long as you fit the criteria, you just won’t be able to use the grant because you already took delivery.

Thank you for clarifying JK929! Do you know or anyone know how long I can delay the delivery? If the grant takes like 4 months, can I hold the delivery til then?

Thank you for clarifying JK929! Do you know or anyone know how long I can delay the delivery? If the grant takes like 4 months, can I hold the delivery til then?

You can defer delivery as long as you want, but that doesn't mean that once you get your CVAP approval packet that you can just tell Tesla you want the car and be assigned a VIN in short order. It may work out that way, or you may have to wait 30-60 days for your car. Normally, cars are delivered on the west coast (I see you are in CA) in March, June, September and December (the last month of the quarter), but I was able to get mine this month, and there were several others picking theirs up at the Costa Mesa location at the same time.

You can defer delivery as long as you want, but that doesn't mean that once you get your CVAP approval packet that you can just tell Tesla you want the car and be assigned a VIN in short order. It may work out that way, or you may have to wait 30-60 days for your car. Normally, cars are delivered on the west coast (I see you are in CA) in March, June, September and December (the last month of the quarter), but I was able to get mine this month, and there were several others picking theirs up at the Costa Mesa location at the same time.

I think a lot of times there's a bit of stock lingering around at the end of the quarter/start of next. Usually either delivery was rejected, or customer just couldn't pick it up. So at least the first two weeks of the quarter seem free game?

I would say to the other gay maybe just plan on getting yours next quarter so march? I applied in Sept and I don't expect a letter till december.

I think a lot of times there's a bit of stock lingering around at the end of the quarter/start of next. Usually either delivery was rejected, or customer just couldn't pick it up. So at least the first two weeks of the quarter seem free game?

I would say to the other gay maybe just plan on getting yours next quarter so march? I applied in Sept and I don't expect a letter till december.
Yeah, I don't want to miss out on the grant which I should be eligible, worse case scenario, by March I'll just end up getting it anyways