Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got approved today. I applied on August 24th. I haven't got the approval packet yet, but the website now says "Application Approved." The total wait was 77 days.

I just emailed the Tesla agent to take my reservation off hold, and I will post an update when I have a delivery date scheduled.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: JK929
Does anyone know if you must wait to fill out the financing portion or rather the payment information on your order until after there is a response from the CVA Grant people?

I put pay in cash until right before I was going to take delivery. I had them change it to loan and it updated within seconds, really.

When did you apply for the grant? I wouldn’t apply for financing just yet if you’re still early on in the grant process.

Does anyone know if you must wait to fill out the financing portion or rather the payment information on your order until after there is a response from the CVA Grant people?

I just followed what SA said, but JK929 already proved that it's unnecessary. LOL
I feel my MY started manufacturing until my loan was approved.
Maybe JK929's method can have the car made earlier when cash was selected at first place?

Anyway. just picked up MY today and only 3 minor issues.
-Rear seats not aligned (SC cannot solve it...)
-cloth hanger cannot close properly (SC suggested it's within spec.....)
-one door needs to be closed a bit harder (SC suggested not to fix it as it might create more problem later...)
well, maybe i will just let it go....

Still getting used to the one pedal driving, kinda makes you dizzy....

I just followed what SA said, but JK929 already proved that it's unnecessary. LOL
I feel my MY started manufacturing until my loan was approved.
Maybe JK929's method can have the car made earlier when cash was selected at first place?

Anyway. just picked up MY today and only 3 minor issues.
-Rear seats not aligned (SC cannot solve it...)
-cloth hanger cannot close properly (SC suggested it's within spec.....)
-one door needs to be closed a bit harder (SC suggested not to fix it as it might create more problem later...)
well, maybe i will just let it go....

Still getting used to the one pedal driving, kinda makes you dizzy....
Is it a 2021 model which comes with the double panel window?

I put pay in cash until right before I was going to take delivery. I had them change it to loan and it updated within seconds, really.

When did you apply for the grant? I wouldn’t apply for financing just yet if you’re still early on in the grant process.

I applied for the grant about mid October. The grant people said it was taking roughly 70 days to approve people at this time. Are you going to take a loan with Tesla or a 3rd party? I think I remember someone telling me it would take at least a month to get the loan approved and such with Tesla.

hello! Has any one that applied in October received an approval package? I ordered my MY on Oct 6 and applied for the grant on oct 9th.
I just got my delivery date for 11/15 but havent heard from CVPA

I applied mid October, so a little later than you and I definitely haven't gotten an approval package. I emailed the grant people and they said it could take anywhere between 3 weeks to 3 months but that the average right now was about 70 days

I applied mid October, so a little later than you and I definitely haven't gotten an approval package. I emailed the grant people and they said it could take anywhere between 3 weeks to 3 months but that the average right now was about 70 days

I am hoping they speed up the process before year end. My TA said if i do not take delivery now i will probably get assign a new VIN mid December. I am trying to take advantage of some rebates that end December 31,2020 =/

I am hoping they speed up the process before year end. My TA said if i do not take delivery now i will probably get assign a new VIN mid December. I am trying to take advantage of some rebates that end December 31,2020 =/

Maybe you can send them an email directly and try and get some sort of solid status on your application but seems like they shy away from that and just give you general estimates. I'm definately trying to take advantage of the SoCal Edison rebate but looks like I might not be able to. I wish you the best of luck!

Maybe you can send them an email directly and try and get some sort of solid status on your application but seems like they shy away from that and just give you general estimates. I'm definately trying to take advantage of the SoCal Edison rebate but looks like I might not be able to. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you! I will keep you guys posted. I just sent them another email.

I applied for the grant about mid October. The grant people said it was taking roughly 70 days to approve people at this time. Are you going to take a loan with Tesla or a 3rd party? I think I remember someone telling me it would take at least a month to get the loan approved and such with Tesla.

Loan process with Tesla is very fast. I received an approval within minutes.