Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are getting $1500 off but not just that. You will also pay less in taxes so instead of pay over 5k in taxes. With the 5k + 1,500 incentives you’ll end up paying around 4,500 so to me I rather not pay Uncle Sam that much
Are you saying the I can pay less "sales tax"? that's good to know! I live in OC so sales tax is like 7.75% so I guess this makes it a very sweet deal.

• Funny
Reactions: T35l@grl
Holly cow. I just checked the website, and it’s approved!!!
My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.

did you end up getting your approval package? How long did it take?

Emailed my tesla TA today to have her applied the CFRP $1500 rebate on my order. No response... I emailed her last week to add a referral code to my order as well, and she has been unresponsive since then. Wondering if anyone's TA is like that...

You might be able to use the chat feature on Tesla's order page and you can get in contact with an agent then. They might be able to help you apply the rebate and referral code or at least get you over to someone who's more responsive?

Reactions: aj525
Hi all! I've been following this thread for about 2 months now. Lot's of great info here, it also gave me help and got me through the wait! I know this is a Model Y thread, I have a Model 3 on order but since I too applied for the CVAP I wanted to share:

September 5: Applied
November 4: CVAP emailed me asking for proof of address documents (since I had moved between applying and then)
November 18: Approved! (74 days for approval)

My initials are: IC

I haven't received my emailed packet just yet, but hopefully I receive that today or tomorrow. I called Tesla yesterday to ask what the process is in getting the grant applied. They said once you get the packet, fill it out, send it over to your advisor, and they will apply the credit to your order agreement. I also asked about the new CCFR, and they said there's no application at all. Tesla will automatically the rebate at the time of purchase.

Just wanted to share my experience, congrats to all those who have been approved a grant thus far, and to those who are still waiting: don't give up hope!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.52.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.52.17 AM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi all! I've been following this thread for about 2 months now. Lot's of great info here, it also gave me help and got me through the wait! I know this is a Model Y thread, I have a Model 3 on order but since I too applied for the CVAP I wanted to share:

September 5: Applied
November 4: CVAP emailed me asking for proof of address documents (since I had moved between applying and then)
November 18: Approved! (74 days for approval)

My initials are: IC

I haven't received my emailed packet just yet, but hopefully I receive that today or tomorrow. I called Tesla yesterday to ask what the process is in getting the grant applied. They said once you get the packet, fill it out, send it over to your advisor, and they will apply the credit to your order agreement. I also asked about the new CCFR, and they said there's no application at all. Tesla will automatically the rebate at the time of purchase.

Just wanted to share my experience, congrats to all those who have been approved a grant thus far, and to those who are still waiting: don't give up hope!
Thank you so much for the info! Congratulations

how do you apply for this?
I just completed most of my steps except taking delivery and it was applied automatically. I didn't even know what it was and when I called to tell them they applied the wrong amount of the CVAP the SA told me this was a brand new incentive. I didn't need to do anything, they apply it. The CVAP was reflected a few hours later. $6500 free money so far, looking out for any more money raining down on us.

I just completed most of my steps except taking delivery and it was applied automatically. I didn't even know what it was and when I called to tell them they applied the wrong amount of the CVAP the SA told me this was a brand new incentive. I didn't need to do anything, they apply it. The CVAP was reflected a few hours later. $6500 free money so far, looking out for any more money raining down on us.

This is awesome! Thanks for the share. If you don't mind me asking, did you finance the vehicle? If so, did you get your own financing or went with Tesla?

This is awesome! Thanks for the share. If you don't mind me asking, did you finance the vehicle? If so, did you get your own financing or went with Tesla?

I applied Oct 9th and am expecting a approval soon. Did everyone here go through Teslas financing or a 3rd party lender? Any tips or recommendations would be great!

There should be another Tesla financing post floating around. If you go through Tesla financing and your credit score is good you should be approved for 2.49% then you email [email protected] after you get your initial approval and see if you can qualify for a better rate with another bank. Hopefully you’ll get a 2.09% rate. There’s more info in the other post about people applying to credit unions and getting < 2% rates.

Reactions: yaya21
I got approved just now! I checked 2x today but it was still "under review". Then before heading to sleep right now, I tried logging in and it asked automatically to change my password again. If you get that, that means there's an update (most likely APPROVED) to your file! Good luck everybody! Especially @jm9ism !

I got approved just now! I checked 2x today but it was still "under review". Then before heading to sleep right now, I tried logging in and it asked automatically to change my password again. If you get that, that means there's an update (most likely APPROVED) to your file! Good luck everybody! Especially @jm9ism !

Oh I got asked to change my password last night too which was super weird! But it still shows I'm under review, is this the same for you or did you get approved?