Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called CVA today for yet another update and the rep I spoke to said that they had moved into reviewing/approving mid-late October applications. She also covered herself by saying it could be a couple more weeks before those of us who applied the mid-late October get a final decision though. Hopefully, we start hearing back within the coming week though considering they're going on Christmas break!

For reference, my application has moved into the final reviewing stage. Applied 10/18, initials: Y.M.
I called today too and got pretty much the same info. Their last office day is the 24th (half day) and come back on 1/4/21. The rep did say they are planning on getting thru October apps before the break. So if those of us in final review don’t get an approval by the 24th. We have to wait until jan. I applied 10/22 my app has been in final review since 12/14.

I called today too and got pretty much the same info. Their last office day is the 24th (half day) and come back on 1/4/21. The rep did say they are planning on getting thru October apps before the break. So if those of us in final review don’t get an approval by the 24th. We have to wait until jan. I applied 10/22 my app has been in final review since 12/14.

Does it say "final review" on your portal or still "under review"?

• Disagree
Reactions: K2525
Does it say "final review" on your portal or still "under review"?

Pretty sure that everyone's portal says "under review," those of us stating that our app is in final review either got the status by talking to a CVA rep or received an email from them stating that (although I've been told the email is rare). I'd give CVA a call and check where your app stands if you want to double check

Applied in Sept; approved in 12/16; almost three months. Anyone knows how long it would take the program to wire the grant to Tesla? Thanks

Dont have personal experience but based on what Ive read here and what my SA has told me, seems like you just forward them the packet and they apply the amount to the down payment or MSRP, Tesla should handle finalizing the paperwork to make sure they are able to really get the funds

Dont have personal experience but based on what Ive read here and what my SA has told me, seems like you just forward them the packet and they apply the amount to the down payment or MSRP, Tesla should handle finalizing the paperwork to make sure they are able to really get the funds

Sounds like no need to wait for the program to finish wiring the fund to Tesla then?

I received my Approval Letter yesterday afternoon after emailing them to find out when I should be expecting it.

Notable dates:
09/30 - Submitted Application
12/14 - Application Approved
12/17 - Approval Letter received through email
(Note: I never received any emails about being in "Final Review" or had my CVAP online account showing otherwise. It went from "Under Review" to "Congratulations! Application Approved")

I had to relinquish a VIN last week but my Tesla Advisor immediately put me in for another MY to get it before the year ends. The advisor said they can only hold a vehicle for 3 days. Hopefully, I'll hear about another VIN soon.

I got my approval today! I applied on 10/4, sent my tax transcripts on 10/9 (without being asked). I called today to see if I was in the final review stage and it wasn't but one of the employees was really helpful. He said that he would put me on hold and check to see if everything looked good to go in my application in order to move it to final review. He said everything was good for the most part but they needed one more piece of mail with my name & address on it that had been received within the last 60 days (I had used my W-2 as one of the documents but he explained that it was too old because it was likely sent out in Dec. of last year or Jan. of this year). Sent it in a few hours ago and see that the website is now showing approved. Just waiting on the approval packet now.

I just spoke with a nice woman from CVAP who said I was in final review and that I went into the final review stage on December 12th. She said that they're working really hard to get most of the October applications processed before they go on their break from mid-day 12/24 - Jan 4th. But almost in the same breath she said that the final review stage can take anywhere from 2-8(!) weeks. So we'll see what happens.

Submitted application on October 19th

• Informative
Reactions: yaya21
I got my approval today! I applied on 10/4, sent my tax transcripts on 10/9 (without being asked). I called today to see if I was in the final review stage and it wasn't but one of the employees was really helpful. He said that he would put me on hold and check to see if everything looked good to go in my application in order to move it to final review. He said everything was good for the most part but they needed one more piece of mail with my name & address on it that had been received within the last 60 days (I had used my W-2 as one of the documents but he explained that it was too old because it was likely sent out in Dec. of last year or Jan. of this year). Sent it in a few hours ago and see that the website is now showing approved. Just waiting on the approval packet now.

Wow that was an insanely quick turnaround considering you sent in the documents a few hours ago, congrats on the approval! If you don't mind, what are your initials? I applied 10/18 so I'm probably still a ways off from a final response but trying to get a better gage as it seems you're either the only october applicant or one of the very few on here to have been approved so far :)

Last edited:
Wow that was an insanely quick turnaround considering you sent in the documents a few hours ago, congrats on the approval! If you don't mind, what are your initials? I applied 10/18 so I'm probably still a ways off from a final response but trying to get a better gage as it seems you're either the only october applicant or one of the very few on here to have been approved so far :)
The representative I spoke to actually had me e-mail him directly instead of e-mailing the general CVAP e-mail. My initials are BL.

• Informative
Reactions: yaya21

They must really be trying to get through Oct. before the holidays or I've gotten super lucky today! It took some time after finding out about my approval around 1pmish but I just received my approval packet.

I just spoke with a nice woman from CVAP who said I was in final review and that I went into the final review stage on December 12th. She said that they're working really hard to get most of the October applications processed before they go on their break from mid-day 12/24 - Jan 4th. But almost in the same breath she said that the final review stage can take anywhere from 2-8(!) weeks. So we'll see what happens.

Submitted application on October 19th

To follow up, I just checked my account and I was approved this morning! Now just need to hope I get that approval packet before they go on winter break! My initials are LP

Reactions: yaya21 and Yoonayy
APPROVED!

Applied - 10/17 (Saturday).
Approved - 10/19 (Saturday).

I submitted 2019 Tax return + W2.
status on the page went from "under review" to "application approved". The worker told me once you are in "final review" that essentially means they already reviewed your application and is in line to be approved.

Reactions: yaya21 and LMP77