Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning headliner with out moisture stains?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an idea on how to clean the headliner without leaving a moisture ring (see picture). I have tried CarGuys Super Cleaner and Hi-Tech Extra Foamy as both were recommended, but I still get the stain. Anyone have a better idea? Thanks.
IMG_7430.jpg

The Tesla Wall Connector is a good value but it was clearly designed for photo shoots and not by or for anyone who has a garage full of tools, ladders and yard equipment. The face plate of the Tesla Wall Connector is made of glass; yes really. It costs $90 to replace the face plate if it gets broken. Conversely, ClipperCreek uses aircraft quality plastic for the housing of the HCS series EVSE. There is a video of ClipperCreek employees taking turns swinging a wooden baseball bat at an HCS housing. The bat breaks but the HCS housing is fine.

I thought it was beer which would make the stain worse😊
Born and raised in Milwaukee, the first time I saw that reference was as a Corvette owner decades ago and thought, what the hell those boys knew what they were talking about......

You could try distilled water only and see if it will re-soak the area and get rid of the residue ring.

The option I usually employ which won't work (well it could but would be a ton of work) is to soak the entire liner with a spray bottle of water so the edges bleed off to the side and aren't noticeable.

Anyone have an idea on how to clean the headliner without leaving a moisture ring (see picture). I have tried CarGuys Super Cleaner and Hi-Tech Extra Foamy as both were recommended, but I still get the stain. Anyone have a better idea? Thanks.View attachment 677228
I had that same water stain so I applied a little rubbing alcohol with a cloth. When the alcohol evaporated the water stain was gone. Now I use rubbing alcohol on a cloth to clean marks on the headliner.

• Informative
Reactions: ucsdsig
I had that same water stain so I applied a little rubbing alcohol with a cloth. When the alcohol evaporated the water stain was gone. Now I use rubbing alcohol on a cloth to clean marks on the headliner.
I am about to try your method but before I do, can you please elaborate on this method? How much alcohol did you use per spot, and did you dab the entire area of the ring or just the edge of the ring?