Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning interior of Model 3: ie seats, door panels, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just wondering what products people are using to clean the interior of their model 3. I want to give me seats a good cleaning along with the doors but dont know what products is best to use. Prefer to buy from Amazon since its the easiest. Please advise, thanks...

Reactions: Matt L
I absolutely agree with Invisible Glass. Swear by Car Guys' line of products on Amazon, so far they've been the best at their respective responsibilities than anything else I've used. For overall wash when I go water, I use Meg's Gold Class. For waterless I don't think it gets better than Aero Cosmetics Washwax but that's just another OCD point of view :)

I would also very highly recommend getting top quality towels, and not getting discouraged by "gimmicks" like glass specific microfiber towels. There is a difference, and sometimes it's pretty huge. For example, the Chem Guys waffle drying towel cannot hold a candle to the Meg's yellow waffle.

If you are very particular about how clean your interior is, a ceramic coating would be a great option for you. It isn't an excuse to never clean your interior again, but it is a product that will make cleaning much easier, and gives a protective layer against any contamination that would effect your interior between washes.

I have been using Chemical guys pink soap or Megs in a foam cannon, but fist I blast off the whole car with a pressure washer to dislodge all the dirt. Blast again to rinse. I have been using this amazing towel which can dry the entire model 3.
https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garag...&qid=1547493665&sr=1-7&keywords=griots+garage

I use costco micro fibers and quick detailer to get the inside areas and they work well enough for that purpose.

I also use some costco microfibers and some glass specific towels with invisible glass or Adams glass cleaner. I think the adams works better on very dirty glass, and invisible glass works as well or better on less dirty glass. I use the 3 towel glass cleaning method.

I have also used an absorber towel https://www.amazon.com/CleanTools-1...&qid=1547493859&sr=1-21&keywords=drying+towel

I will say the absorber is more work while drying and less soft on the paint, however I can wash it out before storing it away wet. The micro fiber is faster, but needs to be washed after a couple uses to ensure your not rubbing any dirt into the paint. We all know that even drying towels can pickup some dirt. I kind of hate doing lots of small loads in the washing machine of micro fibers :p

I have been thinking about getting the white seats ceramic coated.

WashMist is a great way to clean in the inside and outside of your car, for the interior it is a more mild cleaner so if you're fighting for stain removal, stepping up to a more powerful dedicated leather/interior cleaner will ease the process.

Link to WashMist Waterless Wash: https://www.amazon.com/WashMist-Wat...=UTF8&qid=1547584280&sr=8-3&keywords=washmist

Link to Shine Supply Leather/Interior Cleaner: Shine Supply Leather & Interior Cleaner | Elite Finish

Having the white seats ceramic coated will certainly help with maintaining the seats fresh white color, but doesn't stop stains completely. The Tesla seats are actually a very resilient material, and the most common problem is dye transfer from pants/jeans etc. Without the seats coated, if the dye transfer sits in the seats for an extended period of time it can become permanent and the only way to remove the blue dye is by removing the white color with it. Coating drastically changes the ability to restore the seats condition from dye transfer, and also has hydrophobic properties to repel liquids at a higher level than without any protection. Dye transfer still happens, but it much easier to remedy, and it happens at a slower pace. Just want anybody considering this option to have the right expectations from ceramic coating on the interior specifically.

Last edited:
I was just wondering what products people are using to clean the interior of their model 3. I want to give me seats a good cleaning along with the doors but dont know what products is best to use. Prefer to buy from Amazon since its the easiest. Please advise, thanks...
Instruction manual says, "
For general
cleaning, wipe interior surfaces using a soft
cloth (such as microfiber) dampened with a
mixture of warm water and mild nondetergent
cleaner (test all cleaners on a
concealed area before use). To avoid streaks,
dry immediately with a soft lint-free cloth."