TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cleaning out debris in center tail light housing

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PoitNarf, May 27, 2018.

1. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

So I have a yellow lab and he sheds quite a bit. The hair manages to find itself all over my Model 3 but I’ve been vacuuming regularly and have been able to stay on top of it. However I’ve noticed recently that a few hairs have somehow managed to make their way to the center brake light housing. I have no idea how they got in there and also have no idea how to vacuum it out. Anyone know how to access this or where to place a vacuum hose to try and suck this stuff out?

9292A75D-BC2F-4DB5-B3B1-528993740692.jpeg

2. fseir

fseir Member

Right after I had my windows tinted, there was some condensation in this area, and I had the same question, about how one would go about cleaning this area, if needed. The condensation went away on its own, and I forgot about this, but still a good question.

3. PoitNarf

Anyone else notice hair or other debris collecting in the center tail light housing? Any ideas on how I can get this stuff out of there?

4. pazdan

pazdan Member

I received mine with a spec of white paper in that same area. I didn't notice it until I got home so I grabbed a can of air and angled it under that area, inside of the trunk and was able to find a spot that cleared it out.

• Informative x 1
  5. PoitNarf

Thanks! I’ll have to give that a shot this weekend.